General Trading Chat

josefjohny

The silent reader
In trading i have often experienced that the closer you feel the mastery, the further it drifts away. But after a long time, when you look back, you realize that you have indeed traveled a long way from the start... :)

Happy ID
Happy Onam
and Happy whatever i have missed.

Attachments

ptk

DeMark sequential and the behavioural indicators will point the exact top with 2-3 days accuracy....it did so last time at 9100 exact day of the top and I offloaded my entire portfolio there...but I expect a decent correction after 9300-9400...and then up again.

ST
Dear Smart Trade,

After the 9100 Sell, I remember it gave a buy at 7700 (Correct me if I am wrong).

What is the latest on his method? What was the last signal?

Regards,
ptk

Bulls got another reason to propel the nifty further up: rates cut coming... :clapping:

What does 50 bps points will do? Banks anyway not passing the benefit. Countries having near zero to negative rates are not witnessing any growth. What will India do? Only the index will go up not earnings or real GDP till we address the root causes of sluggish growth.

PreSap

Hi ST Da,

I visited the TD sequential thread where you have mentioned about people using only the TD setup on a smaller time frame without counting the sequence of 9 ( http://www.traderji.com/technical-analysis/23286-thomas-demark-sequential-system-26.html#post571011 ). I think you had also mentioned a few days back that after a pivot is formed, we can look at the highest/lowest of 4 bars previous to it and a break of the highest/lowest of those 4 bars is an entry.

In the chart attached below should I consider the break of B-3 or the break of A-2 to enter in the short as per the method you had mentioned? In other words, should I consider A or B as the pivot?

Thank You.

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Hi ST Da,

I visited the TD sequential thread where you have mentioned about people using only the TD setup on a smaller time frame without counting the sequence of 9 ( http://www.traderji.com/technical-analysis/23286-thomas-demark-sequential-system-26.html#post571011 ). I think you had also mentioned a few days back that after a pivot is formed, we can look at the highest/lowest of 4 bars previous to it and a break of the highest/lowest of those 4 bars is an entry.

In the chart attached below should I consider the break of B-3 or the break of A-2 to enter in the short as per the method you had mentioned? In other words, should I consider A or B as the pivot?

Thank You.
For TD point reversal technique to be applied, there needs to be a sustained move in one direction which gets reversed.
In your chart there needs to be a sustained upmove that gets reversed to down move, but it appears to be a sideways range that breaks to the downside, don't think TD point reversal is applicable here.

PreSap

For TD point reversal technique to be applied, there needs to be a sustained move in one direction which gets reversed.
In your chart there needs to be a sustained upmove that gets reversed to down move, but it appears to be a sideways range that breaks to the downside, don't think TD point reversal is applicable here.
Aah, thank you Vivektrader ji!
Am guessing from your prompt response you understand this method well. Is there a PDF of that thread with charts.. Or some resource to understand this better? Am lost without the charts that cannot be seen now on that thread.

Thanks again! :)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

vivektrader

Hi ST Da,

Thank You.
However, to clear the concept, when you considered 'A' as pivot high ( assuming there was a sustained up move), the lowest close of four candles to the left of this 'A' had to be taken out (means an even lower close) in the next 4candles, when that didn't happen, you count again from next pivot high (again remember all this is applicable if there was a sustained move up, also remember just break is not required but a 'Close')
Hope it clears.

vivektrader

Aah, thank you Vivektrader ji!
Am guessing from your prompt response you understand this method well. Is there a PDF of that thread with charts.. Or some resource to understand this better? Am lost without the charts that cannot be seen now on that thread.

Thanks again! :)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Will try to find out about original post, meanwhile I am sharing one of my own posts (checked by ST sir :)) with markings.
http://www.traderji.com/showthread.php?p=1171917

Last edited: