General Trading Chat

vijkris

Learner and Follower

Fundootrader

I went long at 7065 referring to nifty futures chart. I exited at 7458. Don't know spot was how much at these levels. system has not given sell call however i still exited on Friday. :thumb:
what's about 7065 that gave long signal for swing trade

Dear St Da & Other senior traders.
As experience traders says, most of the traders gets entry right but exit is important..
we have discussed lot of entry points..but Exit is also as important even more important..so please put some light on exit plan..as when to hold & when to fold..how to decide our exit strategy..
suppose we have a method which can give 50% success rate..so can we take our exit at 1:2 reward & dont mind if market goes more ..if we wait,sometimes it gives more reward but most of the time , it takes our double reward also..both conditions are happened ..& when what happened, we can not say..even if we backtest it, we cant say exact percentage wise happening of both of events..
same happened if we decide, we will not exit till my 1:2 reward will not get..in that way, we escape lot of unneccesary exit & market noise..but again, sometimes, we can see trade fails but we wait to hit stop & doesnt do early exit..so here same problem...both events can heppened..
so what should be a good exit plan for discreationary price action trader..
thanks

arsh22g

As experience traders says, most of the traders gets entry right but exit is important..
we have discussed lot of entry points..but Exit is also as important even more important..so please put some light on exit plan..as when to hold & when to fold..how to decide our exit strategy..
suppose we have a method which can give 50% success rate..so can we take our exit at 1:2 reward & dont mind if market goes more ..if we wait,sometimes it gives more reward but most of the time , it takes our double reward also..both conditions are happened ..& when what happened, we can not say..even if we backtest it, we cant say exact percentage wise happening of both of events..
same happened if we decide, we will not exit till my 1:2 reward will not get..in that way, we escape lot of unneccesary exit & market noise..but again, sometimes, we can see trade fails but we wait to hit stop & doesnt do early exit..so here same problem...both events can heppened..
thanks
+1 , highly interested in knowing that, as market doesn't trend most of the times, esp in intra-day.

what's about 7065 that gave long signal for swing trade
I follow 8EMA crossover on 4HC. Also i take into consideration demand and supply areas and decide when to jump in and out. Its been only 2 months i have been actively swing trading hence need more practice :).

read my previous post to your query i have given an example of demand area over there. i couldn't enter in demand area as i was away from terminal on that day, hence on opening of next day took trade on crossover.

I will need your help as i am now studying OI data to interpret the future course of action which will assist in better decision making.

Thanks.

reason for being early exit was there premium eating in 1st half on friday. Monday was holiday and last price had reached earlier supply zone. hence though system had not given sell call i exited as i had entered with only single lot. :)

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
thanks
NT I am neither a senior nor an expert just putting few points in no proper order (you must be knowing most of them)
Many inside bars/narrow range bars after a protracted move.
Break of a minor pivot in opposite direction
A pin bar at support and resistance.
Candle stick reversal set ups.
A strong close on the other side of 20ema.
Most moves are two legged.
Three bars vertical up or down(an observation)
Wrb on high volume