General Trading Chat

Tlahuicole

Monitoring stocks is really a painful thing,the more I digging deep to find out the ways,more I am getting annoyed. I am not looking for any shortcut,the only fact is,I am a small trader.BPL Trader,may be :D

I just went thru some thread where this guy traded NF and used to catch 5-10 points daily.So,10 points daily means 7 points after the brokerage etc.
7points daily X 20days=140points a month.

If someone really make 150 points a month for next 3-4 years on a regular basis,can you imagine the profit? Awesome..Awesomeness.

My query is-
Doesn’t matter what method we use,is it a good idea to go for such 7-10 points scalp trades as we have a discount broker like Zerodha?

Take a trade of 10 points>Close the Lappy>Sleep
Do this procedure for next 4yrs.

Huh?

Smart Dada please reply.

Friends, your output pls-TR,TP,TradeJoker,Xray,lemondew,Dax Devil,pareshR, amitrandive,Tlahuicole,and others.
In every trade it is impossible to capture ten points, so in order to gain ten points per day you need to go the old school way bro, tell you what.
first you need to find trades which can go upto 25 points minimum and where you can keep 10 points sl, but sl needs to be technically placed with low probability of hitting, like below pl in uptrend, you do this you will make 25 points in trade you win which will be 22.5 points after brokerage and 10 points in loss which will be 12.5 points after brokerage.

If you are doing scalping that is a different ball game, that is not that much of benefit for indian markets as per my perspective. However, my cousin scalps forex and he says he gets bored waiting for intraday swings to position himself. He scalps all the time and made truck load of money already, he is not in this forum but in BMT I guess. All depends on our ability within, we need to do what we are comfortable with, I am not comfortable with scalping so if i try to scalp like my cousin, I will be losing. We should always do what we enjoy doing, that is the easiest way to become rich. All the best, first you need to figure out what is the pace you can withstand and handle, then we can go for scalping or swinging :thumb: :cool:

What will happen when I am squaring off my MIS position at 3:20 pm and auto square off order placed by my broker (zerodha)?Does it will create new position?Does auto square off works everyday in liquid scripts like nifty?Senior members please help.TIA.

Will Mahindra and Mahindra Go Downward: General Trading chat

Hi,

I have tried a trading system on traderscockpit. It is as follows:

1. Broken down the support of Supertrend Indicator
2. Should be at the upper Bollinger band.

3. Below the 20 days moving crossover.

See the attached chart of Mahindra & Mahindra and tell if it is headed for downward spiral?

Last edited:

amitrandive

Monitoring stocks is really a painful thing,the more I digging deep to find out the ways,more I am getting annoyed. I am not looking for any shortcut,the only fact is,I am a small trader.BPL Trader,may be :D

I just went thru some thread where this guy traded NF and used to catch 5-10 points daily.So,10 points daily means 7 points after the brokerage etc.
7points daily X 20days=140points a month.

If someone really make 150 points a month for next 3-4 years on a regular basis,can you imagine the profit? Awesome..Awesomeness.

My query is-
Doesn’t matter what method we use,is it a good idea to go for such 7-10 points scalp trades as we have a discount broker like Zerodha?

Take a trade of 10 points>Close the Lappy>Sleep
Do this procedure for next 4yrs.

Huh?

Smart Dada please reply.

Friends, your output pls-TR,TP,TradeJoker,Xray,lemondew,Dax Devil,pareshR, amitrandive,Tlahuicole,and others.
Source : http://www.themarketzone.net/#!article4/cxjc

There comes a time, for each trader, that he’s got to choose what kind of trader he ought to be.

Trading is all about styles – You can be an aggressive trader, a conservative trader, a high risk tolerance trader, a scalper, a swing trader and so on…

In order to succeed in trading, a trader got to know which style suits his personality best and to adjust his trading methodology accordingly.

For example, let’s say you are a calm person with a day job and very low tolerance for risk – Would scalping be the right trading technique for you? Probably not.

It won’t matter how hard and for how long you will practice scalping techniques, you are doomed to fail since that trading style doesn’t fit your personality. You probably will freeze out when you should be quick to push the trigger, or you will pull out of positions to early due to the high leverage, anyway the result will be the same – Losing. The only way that you will be able to succeed in scalping is if somehow you will manage to change/adapt/train your personality to that trading style.

But..

Wouldn’t it be much easier to choose a different trading style? Wouldn’t trading one position throughout the week feel more comfortable to you? Do you think that reducing leverage will allow you to keep the position according to your original trading plan? If the answer Is yes than you perhaps swing trading is your trading style.

A scalper is a “fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee” sort of trader.

Fast, in and out, taking multiple attempts at the target and

it involves high blood pressure and strong bursts of energy.

A swing trader is more like a marathon runner – Having patience,

saving energy for the right moments (choosing targets),

stamina (not minding the intraday moves), long distances

(trade time and target levels).

Fitting your trading style to your personality will probably be the most important thing you will do to improve chance of success. Sometimes the process involves several attempts in different trading style until you finally figure out what is best for you.

In order to expedite the process (and not to lose too much money) try to ask yourself questions like
– What is your risk tolerance? How do you react to fast changes in your personal life?
Do you make decisions fast or do you need several confirmations from your surrounding before acting?
The more questions you’ll ask, the better you will know to define your personality and then to choose the best trading style for you.

lemondew

Nice doubt. To my mind autosquareoff orders arent placed by your broker. If a broker has 1 lac customers he cannot place 1 lac orders at 3:20. His software would automatically squareoff all MIS open positions.

If you place an order and its executed 1 sec before then your positions arent open. His software wont trigger.

If you place an order 0.5 sec after his autosquare triggered then it will create new open position. So you have to check constantly whether his autosquare off has been triggered. :)

So its best in MIS to close positions 5-10 mins before 3:20 as its a machine and at a particular time it will square off all open positions.

Best is to talk to the broker regarding nitty gritties of how it works

What will happen when I am squaring off my MIS position at 3:20 pm and auto square off order placed by my broker (zerodha)?Does it will create new position?Does auto square off works everyday in liquid scripts like nifty?Senior members please help.TIA.

Last edited:

amitrandive

Yes auto square off works everyday and in all scrips.
If you manually squareoff that is the end of the trade and no new trade will be generated.

Nice doubt. To my mind autosquareoff orders arent placed by your broker. If a broker has 1 lac customers he cannot place 1 lac orders at 3:20. His software would automatically squareoff all MIS open positions.

If you place an order and its executed 1 sec before then your positions arent open. His software wont trigger.

If you place an order 0.5 sec after his autosquare triggered then it will create new open position. So you have to check constantly whether his autosquare off has been triggered. :)

So its best in MIS to close positions 5-10 mins before 3:20 as its a machine and at a particular time it will square off all open positions.

Best is to talk to the broker regarding nitty gritties of how it works
Yes auto square off works everyday and in all scrips.
If you manually squareoff that is the end of the trade and no new trade will be generated.
Thanks for your prompt reply.

Nifty contracts ( both futures and options ) lot size changed to 75 from present 25 . Bank Nifty lot size changed to 30 from present 25. These are effective from November contracts.

New traders learning trading with 1 lot ( 25) will have problems as now from Nov onwards they have to do 75 Nifty trades. This will not only need more margin but profits and losses also will be 3 times more.

Smart_trade