General Trading Chat

People talking about 8000-7800 now....when we reach there, they will talk about 7500-7400. I will start my purchases below 8200...started mutual funds buying already...going slow as we will spend some more time here looks like.

ST

manishchan

People talking about 8000-7800 now....when we reach there, they will talk about 7500-7400. I will start my purchases below 8200...started mutual funds buying already...going slow as we will spend some more time here looks like.

ST
They hv learnt a good thing. Move ho jaane ke baad bolne se khatra nahi hota hai.. nahi to public gaali de deke bura haal kar degi ;) :D

amandeep86

ST da,

I have learnt the hard way that holy grail to success is to cutting losers short and let profit run ,I have been trying to implement the same in my trading ,Facing two challenges ,please advice accordingly:-

1.Most of the time try to exit before my actual SL is hit,I found that due to this most of times i lose a good move as SL doesnt hit and price reverses and i have actually exited in process of cutting my losers short. Reentry is Psychologically very challenging for me.

Does cutting losers short means exiting before SL hit or atleast waiting till full SL (1R)??

2.I immediately exit once i achieve 1.5-2R ,Sometimes its very beneficial but most of times i miss trending moves of 4-5 R,This leads to a psychological tremor.

Is 1.5-2R sufficient or i need some very big winners (3-4R) to survice in the long Run ???

Over the small sample size of trades ,My win rate is 45-55%

ST da,

I have learnt the hard way that holy grail to success is to cutting losers short and let profit run ,I have been trying to implement the same in my trading ,Facing two challenges ,please advice accordingly:-

1.Most of the time try to exit before my actual SL is hit,I found that due to this most of times i lose a good move as SL doesnt hit and price reverses and i have actually exited in process of cutting my losers short. Reentry is Psychologically very challenging for me.

Does cutting losers short means exiting before SL hit or atleast waiting till full SL (1R)??

2.I immediately exit once i achieve 1.5-2R ,Sometimes its very beneficial but most of times i miss trending moves of 4-5 R,This leads to a psychological tremor.

Is 1.5-2R sufficient or i need some very big winners (3-4R) to survice in the long Run ???

Over the small sample size of trades ,My win rate is 45-55%
1) For early exits, one should be prepared to re-entry. If re-entry you find difficult to handle then wait for SL to hit.

2)1.5 to 2 RR book 50 %....25 % on 3 R and trail the balance 25 %.

ST