General Trading Chat

Tlahuicole

You also can think like this: Do I take 2% per trade or do I take 2% from my whole money to place different otm options in different shares or Index futures. I am clear such ways have never been talked about in the forum, but just to open your eyes to other ways of thinking about the 2% investment in case you want to trade in options.

Take care / Dan :)
Danbhai,

How is it possible in day trading can you guide me or direct me towards any learning regarding the approach you had said, I have never traded options, only doing futures trading so far :)

After reading books, acquiring knowledge about charts, method, position sizing, MM , discipline etc etc...trader has to finally blend all these in a flawless coherent plan of action and practice the trades on it like a boxer practices a punch or a Judo/Karate player practices a throw or a kick,a badminton player practices a forehand smash for perfect delivery of speed and power....this is very important. I sometime get a feeling that some of us get lost in knowledge aquisition part but the action is missing .Knowledge and action both are important.

The above feeling I get when I read posts such as " trend was good but I could not take a trade..." "I kept on looking for a place to enter...finally did not enter...."

Smart_trade

After reading books, acquiring knowledge about charts, method, position sizing, MM , discipline etc etc...trader has to finally blend all these in a flawless coherent plan of action and practice the trades on it like a boxer practices a punch or a Judo/Karate player practices a throw or a kick,a badminton player practices a forehand smash for perfect delivery of speed and power....this is very important. I sometime get a feeling that some of us get lost in knowledge aquisition part but the action is missing .Knowledge and action both are important.

The above feeling I get when I read posts such as " trend was good but I could not take a trade..." "I kept on looking for a place to enter...finally did not enter...."

Smart_trade
Yeah.. and people make fun of me when I say that the stock market traders are basically Financial Samurai :mad:

Danbhai,

How is it possible in day trading can you guide me or direct me towards any learning regarding the approach you had said, I have never traded options, only doing futures trading so far :)
Frankly spoken and knowing the huge time effort you will face in details about what you ask for:

If you never traded in options, then stay with what you do now, as you will loose to much time for such new approaches which seems to be new for you.

The post from dear Smart_Trade in this case will serve you best to move on with what you do. It is of no need that we know every thing in trading to make money, instead accept to concentrate on the way we already did and the target we want to achieve, as even learning time is money we spent into the subject. :)

Even than: Let me tell you this:

You may have 1'000'000.-- INR

2% is 20'000.--INR

You analyze different shares and Indexes and then you decide in which one you want to invest with otm options. Now all of those options can not have more than a value of 20'000-- INR.

You place the limit orders with your broker and then you wait. Some get filled and others will not get filled. This money you use for other, new orders.

Next some of the otm option start to get atm and some even itm. Now you have to manage those option legs.

This is not a pure intra day strategy instead one for option portfolios.

Now moving on would mean to open a whole new thread about it, but this is to time consuming for me.

But I guess you got a grip on it with those few words of mine on this topic. :)

Do you think the markets have corrected because of:
1) profit booking,
2) poor results
3) stonewalling of Parliament

I'm just asking on a casual note to share views. If you think neither of these three, then please point out what you think the reason could be

Tlahuicole

Frankly spoken and knowing the huge time effort you will face in details about what you ask for:

If you never traded in options, then stay with what you do now, as you will loose to much time for such new approaches which seems to be new for you.

The post from dear Smart_Trade in this case will serve you best to move on with what you do. It is of no need that we know every thing in trading to make money, instead accept to concentrate on the way we already did and the target we want to achieve, as even learning time is money we spent into the subject. :)

Even than: Let me tell you this:

You may have 1'000'000.-- INR

2% is 20'000.--INR

You analyze different shares and Indexes and then you decide in which one you want to invest with otm options. Now all of those options can not have more than a value of 20'000-- INR.

You place the limit orders with your broker and then you wait. Some get filled and others will not get filled. This money you use for other, new orders.

Next some of the otm option start to get atm and some even itm. Now you have to manage those option legs.

This is not a pure intra day strategy instead one for option portfolios.

Now moving on would mean to open a whole new thread about it, but this is to time consuming for me.

But I guess you got a grip on it with those few words of mine on this topic. :)
Hi Dan,

I will surely check on this but guess it will take atleast 2000 hrs to get knowledge on this :D so that I can use them as a means of business. For now, my next target is minimizing risk and maximizing return, but trying to do this since jan not much improvement, If I do one thing another thing is failing, successfully minimised returns but not able to maximize returns.

Let us see how it goes, may be I am worrying too much also, as I can see that I am performing better compared to last year :thumb:

Rish

1) profit booking,
2) poor results

I'm just asking on a casual note to share views. If you think neither of these three, then please point out what you think the reason could be
None of the above, price has indicated sell. Price action and India Vix indicated clear sell, still looks weak. People can add one of the above to discuss in the channels.

1) profit booking,
2) poor results

All of the above plus the fact that the market has run ahead of fundamentals and had to correct.So above reasons and also MAT on FIIs, Delay in land acquisition bill passing etc are the reasons we give for this correction.

Smart_trade

Tlahuicole

Yeah.. and people make fun of me when I say that the stock market traders are basically Financial Samurai :mad:
People I mean general public always makes fun of us TP never mind them :) they are sheeps have herd mentality, we are predators :cool:

I was saying to one of my relatives that I had quit my job and started trading, they replied "recession has started ah". See general public. All cannot be traders, happy to be in a niche business ;)