General Trading Chat

travi

IMO, Till the time we have alternates to thermal plants for producing electricity, these electric vehicles won't contribute much towards environment.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk
It is still a significant better leap if you considered the Thermal efficiency of ICs which is around 25% compared to say a Thermal plant at 45%
Add to that the revving and idling( some drivers make it even more worse & the unmaintained vehicles ), there is more loss to actual output. EVs have high torque( immediate pickup ) and afaik they don't idle.

In summary, there is a big difference. Ofc, with cleaner source, it's the best.

It is still a significant better leap if you considered the Thermal efficiency of ICs which is around 25% compared to say a Thermal plant at 45%
Add to that the revving and idling( some drivers make it even more worse & the unmaintained vehicles ), there is more loss to actual output. EVs have high torque( immediate pickup ) and afaik they don't idle.

With installation of rooftop solar power plants , the electric supply is very less polutant

travi

With installation of rooftop solar power plants , the electric supply is very less polutant
I'm still for Nuclear power given the land mass that we have.
At country scale including industrial requirements, solar power meeting everything is something i cant digest.

I'm still for Nuclear power given the land mass that we have.
At country scale including industrial requirements, solar power meeting everything is something i cant digest.
Solar is fine for small individual uses. For industrial purpose, they will need other sources. Nuclear is one of the options.

Nish

IMO, Till the time we have alternates to thermal plants for producing electricity, these electric vehicles won't contribute much towards environment.
Once India succedes in finding the hidden Uranium deposits or scientist turn-around large Thorium deposit technology for better use , all the sean will change on global front and a new source of CLEAN ENERGY awaits for future generations in India !
That day may not be too far !!

.. At least I am hopeful ! :)

I agree on this however pushing EV in our country is only going to impact on electricity demand with scarcity of availability.

Fossil based plants contribute close to 75- 80% of electricity production.

Lot of environment saving organisations are already up against nuclear power plants.

EVs without infra is not a big use case atleast for some years in India, I believe.

Once India succedes in finding the hidden Uranium deposits or scientist turn-around large Thorium deposit technology for better use , all the sean will change on global front and a new source of CLEAN ENERGY awaits for future generations in India !
That day may not be too far !!

.. At least I am hopeful ! :)
Ya, wish that happens sooner. Future is and should be clean energy only.

I guess only necessity will push the growth in India. Solar has been available for decades now (Jimmy Carter had solar panels installed in the White House). Sea water treatment has been used in Israel for decades now, but Chennai at seaside faces water shortage.