General Trading Chat

instead he should have closed all airports in Jan itself ..
That might appear as the prudent thing to have done, in hindsight. But government can only take decisions based on info available at the time, which might be misleading or inadequate. It would be unfair to judge govt. action back then, based on facts available today, much like the "experts" who blame Nehru ji for all ills of India. The complete lack of anticipation of labour-migration and the abysmal response to it - well, that can be (and should be) questioned and criticised (especially because two national dailies had highlighted such a contingency beforehand). But the government, in my opinion, was timely in its decisions to announce international travel ban and national lock down.

That might appear as the prudent thing to have done, in hindsight. But government can only take decisions based on info available at the time, which might be misleading or inadequate. It would be unfair to judge govt. action back then, based on facts available today, much like the "experts" who blame Nehru ji for all ills of India. The complete lack of anticipation of labour-migration and the abysmal response to it - well, that can be (and should be) questioned and criticised (especially because two national dailies had highlighted such a contingency beforehand). But the government, in my opinion, was timely in its decisions to announce international travel ban and national lock down.
i responded to a post which says govt took great action etc .. there is nothing great here as it became a standard operating procedure for most of the countries to go lock down once virus spread broke out .. if at ll to praise govt action as great then it should be like closing airports on Jan itself and having no lock down India by now ..

I thought we were sending relief material to China :confused:

Coronavirus | India to get 15 million PPE kits from China

Government asks China to fulfil orders amid concerns over newly tightened export regulations

Indian companies and government entities have placed orders for 15 million Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) kits, including gowns and masks, and 1.5 million rapid testing kits from China, officials said on Tuesday.

The Indian government is calling on China to fulfil those orders, amid concerns over tightened regulations on exporting such equipment by Chinese authorities following criticism from several European countries over the quality of exports.

“We are in the process of, or have already completed, contracting for 15 million PPE kits, consisting of gowns, masks, gloves, goggles, etc. and nearly 1.5 million rapid testing kits of all kinds, some of which have already been delivered,” India’s Ambassador to China Vikram Misri said at an online press briefing from Beijing on Tuesday.
...........more

https://www.thehindu.com/news/natio...llion-ppe-kits-from-china/article31336317.ece

i responded to a post which says govt took great action etc .. there is nothing great here as it became a standard operating procedure for most of the countries to go lock down once virus spread broke out .. if at ll to praise govt action as great then it should be like closing airports on Jan itself and having no lock down India by now ..
I have rarely, if ever, used the word "great" in the context of the current regime (or any dispensation, for that matter). "Timely" was what I said. :)

TraderRavi

low risk profile
You can’t book Indian Railways train tickets for coming months; all passenger trains cancelled till May 3

More importantly, the national transporter has also suspended all advance reservations for train tickets until further notice. This means that you cannot book any train ticket from the IRCTC website or agents for the coming months as well.

Earlier, the national transporter had cancelled all passenger train services till April 14 but continued to take bookings for trains scheduled from April 15. With the lockdown being extending till May 3, no passenger train services will operate till that date and passengers will be given a full refund for their train tickets.

While IRCTC e-ticket holders will be refunded automatically without the need to cancel their tickets, the PRS counter ticket holders have been asked avoid going to railway stations to claim a refund. For this purpose, Indian Railways has extended the time till which the refund can be claimed so that passengers don’t rush to stations amidst lockdown.

https://www.financialexpress.com/in...-trains-cancelled-till-may-3-details/1927706/