General Trading Chat

I agree. But local people whose lands have been taken away need homes too. Development should never be at the cost of mankind. If anything development should make life easier for mankind than make it tougher. In some of these places in UK locals have been badly affected. I hope these things are sorted out soon.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...gers-of-frequent-landslips/article5665439.ece
Yeah.. I agree.. None of us want to develop by uprooting other families from their homes.. But obviously, the economists must have done the cost benefit analysis before undertaking such a massive project..

Riskyman

Yeah.. I agree.. None of us want to develop by uprooting other families from their homes.. But obviously, the economists must have done the cost benefit analysis before undertaking such a massive project..
I dont think people in general would have any problem with Hydro electric projects so long as the displaced people are efficiently re-located or given an appropriate compensation. Also, environment is a big issue as some of these projects are around critical wildlife habitats.

I may have a copy of a 200 page report on impact of these projects on environment.. If you want to read it :)

I dont think people in general would have any problem with Hydro electric projects so long as the displaced people are efficiently re-located or given an appropriate compensation. Also, environment is a big issue as some of these projects are around critical wildlife habitats.

I may have a copy of a 200 page report on impact of these projects on environment.. If you want to read it :)
Hmmmmm.. That's true though..
I would love to get my hands on it

cloudTrader

Tehri dam cost 6000 crores to build and it has a capacity of 1000MW.
The new proposed dam is set to have a capacity of 5600 MW capacity.
The cost may be higher but they do not require additional resources once they have been set up. Unlike thermal power plants, then don't constant supply of non environmental friendly coal.
Development is the necessity of time but the prime objective is welfare of people. What really is disappointing is that after so much cost involved mostly the outcome remains much under performing.

Name gets popular in creating world's biggest or continent's biggest but root part of motive should be that how a project could become the biggest welfare churning project.

Main problem here is that nothing goes in a planned way. Messing up is becoming the hallmark of administration.

If I am sounding against development then i apologize but I am against unplanned development.

Nature is a great leveller. If mankind exploits it , then nature will make mankind to pay back.

Regards