General Trading Chat

cloudTrader

no atomic plant in uttarakhand , only hydro electric projects.
Even These Hydro - Electric plants are a big mess up. Lots of news about them , there is hue & cry all over about these dams. Delhi and other neighbouring states were to get electricity through them but data shows that even UK is not able to get sufficient power from, isn't it .

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Even These Hydro - Electric plants are a big mess up. Lots of news about them , there is hue & cry all over about these dams. Delhi and other neighbouring states were to get electricity through them but data shows that even UK is not able to get sufficient power from, isn't it .
yes its true , the local population gets badly affected due to these dams and now Modi is pushing for asia's biggest /highest dam in mahakali river UK-Nepal border , environmental disasters.

cloudTrader

yes its true , the local population gets badly affected due to these dams and now Modi is pushing for asia's biggest /highest dam in mahakali river UK-Nepal border , environmental disasters.
I have a few acqaintances from Tehri-UK and they told the stories about the gross rehabilitation difficulties faced by them. Their lives changed totally [had to re-establish themselves right from the scratch,getting meagre compensation] after a big mass migration from the Tehri town which was drowned for the Tehri Dam project.

Mahakali is a furious river. I wish good for the mankind residing there.

cloudTrader

Not just economic disaster.. It will bring, much needed power and electricity to the NE region..
More than 30 years have passed for the Tehri dam project in UK [among one of the biggest], forget about the neighbouring states , even UK is starved of power requirements. This project was a white elephant to complete. Thousands of crores going into it , what for , power shortage still ... :annoyed:

Riskyman

Not just economic disaster.. It will bring, much needed power and electricity to the NE region..
I agree. But local people whose lands have been taken away need homes too. Development should never be at the cost of mankind. If anything development should make life easier for mankind than make it tougher. In some of these places in UK locals have been badly affected. I hope these things are sorted out soon.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...gers-of-frequent-landslips/article5665439.ece

More than 30 years have passed for the Tehri dam project in UK [among one of the biggest], forget about the neighbouring states , even UK is starved of power requirements. This project was a white elephant to complete. Thousands of crores going into it , what for , power shortage still ... :annoyed:
Tehri dam cost 6000 crores to build and it has a capacity of 1000MW.
The new proposed dam is set to have a capacity of 5600 MW capacity.
The cost may be higher but they do not require additional resources once they have been set up. Unlike thermal power plants, then don't constant supply of non environmental friendly coal.