General Trading Chat

iwillwin

You give me the indices you want, see Nifty I am predicting. I can predict Nifty Bank and others. I don't know all the indices that are in the stock market - but for me they are just numbers.
So please name them and I will try to predict them similar to how I am predicting Nifty
Here it goes....

Attachments

I understand how NIFTY Bank indexes builds up - but indices are not predicted as sum of the predictions of underlying stocks because people like you are also trading on indices itself - so it uses a different algorithm that I use. I think I could do something for derivatives....
But lets do another experiment tomorrow - If you could share with me your email, I can share with you the app that makes prediction on real time basis...This app is beta version and not to be shared further.
You can tell me how the predictions work from a real trader perspective. I can show you how to use the predictions and graph theory algorithms on when you should sell or buy in intraday.
Then you can share how much profitable this application was for you...
So tomorrow NIFTY Bank seems to be going to 30763.97-30728.02.
But it might change over night

Banknifty closed at 30735.5, so it's already in that range.

It's also the weekly expiry for Banknifty tomorrow.

ncube

But it might change over night
Let me explain what @Arindam Bhattacharjee is doing in layman terms so it is easy for everyone to understand. When we say machine learning, it is just that we are using computer to process some historical data and define a prediction formula. For example lets say we are trying to solve a linear regression problem, then we can have a formula to define it as follows:

Y = w0 + w1X1 + w2X2 + w3X3

Where Y is the predicted value, and X1,X2,X3 are the parameters we use to predict the value for Y, for example X1 = Average rainfall in x days, X2 = Crude oil price, X3 = S&P value etc
w1,w2,w3 are the weightages to be given to each of the parameters so that the predicted values Y closely matches to actual result.

Now what we do is give historical data set for Y,X1,X2,X3 to computer and regress it to find the best fit values for w0,w1,w2,w3 and the computer can output a best fit formula for the given historical data set something like:

Y = 0.5 + 0.4X1 + 1.5X2 + 0.7X3

Now we can use this formula to predict future values, i.e if we have a new value for X1,X2,X3 we just substitute it in the formula to get the prediction value for Y.

Thats it...not a rocket science if we understand it well...and we have a new ML model..:)

@Arindam Bhattacharjee , I feel it would be useful to others if you give actionable insights something like this:

NIFTY Trend for Tomorrow = UP with probability of 80%
NIFTY HIGH value for Tomorrow = 11700-11725 with a probability of 70%

Also for others to have confidence on your model you should mention how you have built your model. Dont have to give the actual trained model values as it would be your proprietary info, just mention your hypothesis and what parameters you feel are important and why.

What is the accuracy of your KNN trend model? You can share the confusion matrix.
What is the Average Error for the range prediction model? You can share the RMSE value (Root Mean Square Error)

I have build stable models which have accuracy between 55-60% but not suitable for retail trading due to draw-downs and cost overhead. The effort involved should be compensated with higher returns else no point putting money in it...so far I have found simple rule based mechanical systems are giving far better returns.

Last edited:

DanPSup

Hedge Strategy Trader in Options and Futures
Let me explain what @Arindam Bhattacharjee is doing in layman terms so it is easy for everyone to understand. When we say machine learning, it is just that we are using computer to process some historical data and define a prediction formula. For example lets say we are trying to solve a linear regression problem, then we can have a formula to define it as follows:

Y = w0 + w1X1 + w2X2 + w3X3

Where Y is the predicted value, and X1,X2,X3 are the parameters we use to predict the value for Y, for example X1 = Average rainfall in x days, X2 = Crude oil price, X3 = S&P value etc
w1,w2,w3 are the weightages to be given to each of the parameters so that the predicted values Y closely matches to actual result.

Now what we do is give historical data set for Y,X1,X2,X3 to computer and regress it to find the best fit values for w0,w1,w2,w3 and the computer can output a best fit formula for the give historical data set something like:

Y = 0.5 + 0.4X1 + 1.5X2 + 0.7X3

Now we can use this formula to predict future values, i.e if we have a new value for X1,X2,X3 we just substitute it in the formula to get the prediction value for Y.

Thats it...not a rocket science if we understand it well...and we have a new ML model..:)

@Arindam Bhattacharjee , I feel it would be useful to others if you give actionable insights something like this:

NIFTY Trend for Tomorrow = UP with probability of 80%
NIFTY HIGH value for Tomorrow = 11700-11725 with a probability of 70%

Also for others to have confidence on your model you should mention how you have built your model. Dont have to give the actual trained model values as it would be your proprietary info, just mention your hypothesis and what parameters you feel are important and why.

What is the accuracy of your KNN trend model? You can share the confusion matrix.
What is the Average Error for the range prediction model? You can share the RMSE value (Root Mean Square Error)

I have build stable models which have accuracy between 55-60% but not suitable for retail trading due to draw-downs and cost overhead. The effort involved should be compensated with higher returns else no point putting money in it...so far I have found simple rule based mechanical systems are giving far better returns.
Fine, but it is still only math like Pivot Point or Standard Deviation and so on. Nothing new in this or can you tell us what you have newly discoverd to make any math calculation better in any way % then it was in the past. Do not understand me wrong as I appreciate your work, but I really would like to see the numbers which make it better than all the best math we had in the past.

Last edited:
Reserve Bank has a reserve of $10bilion (approx). I don't know exactly whose money it is, but apparently now the government wants to get its hands on that money.

Bimal Jalan panel favours transfer of excess RBI reserves to government
1 min read . Updated: 17 Jul 2019, 01:56 PM ISTAsit Ranjan Mishra
  • The Bimal Jalan panel held its last meeting on Wednesday
  • The RBI had constituted the panel in December last year

https://www.livemint.com/industry/b...rbi-reserves-to-government-1563351402470.html

Somehow I am not enamored of this idea. I think the reserves with the RBI are the citizen's property.

ncube

Fine, but it is still only math like Pivot Point or Standard Deviation and so on. Nothing new in this or can you tell us what you have newly discoverd to make any math calculation better in any way % then it was in the past. Do not understand me wrong as I appreciate your work, but I really would see the numbers which make it better than all the best math we had in the past.
Yes, correct it is just the simple old maths...statistics has been around for a long time now and many of the formulas we use these days are based on equations defined long back. Only recently this field is becoming popular with fancy terms like Data science, Data Scientists, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence etc...

The reason for popularity now is due to the huge amount of data we generate these days and the computer processing power that is becoming cheaper day by day. As more and more people are working on it we see new approaches and technologies being developed based on it such as deep learning, AI applications and many research happening in different domains like medical, finance, hospitality etc

These days you may be hearing data is money and AI is the future, that is because with so much big data we can derive data driven prediction formulas. i.e we have the advantages of make the law of large numbers/data samples to build our models with higher accuracy which was not possible earlier.

DanPSup

Hedge Strategy Trader in Options and Futures
Yes, correct it is just the simple old maths...statistics has been around for a long time now and many of the formulas we use these days are based on equations defined long back. Only recently this field is becoming popular with fancy terms like Data science, Data Scientists, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence etc...

The reason for popularity now is due to the huge amount of data we generate these days and the computer processing power that is becoming cheaper day by day. As more and more people are working on it we see new approaches and technologies being developed based on it such as deep learning, AI applications and many research happening in different domains like medical, finance, hospitality etc

These days you may be hearing data is money and AI is the future, that is because with so much big data we can derive data driven prediction formulas. i.e we have the advantages of make the law of large numbers/data samples to build our models with higher accuracy which was not possible earlier.
:))

Yep and I already mentioned it here: https://www.traderji.com/community/...rivatives-indices.108053/page-21#post-1369406