General Trading Chat

Looks like this was the reason 'domestic lenders' were not willing to take RCOM to NCLT last year... sab managed hai..

http://fortune.com/2019/02/04/a-billionaires-wireless-bankruptcy-may-aid-his-richer-brother/

Now, the elder Ambani could have even more leverage in bidding for the assets of a company whose demise he helped hasten by storming into the mobile phone market in 2016 with free services. Mukesh Ambani can only vie for RCom’s wireless carrier assets because of a top court in January relaxed rules that had prevented family members of controlling shareholders from bidding for companies going through insolvency
While several lenders such as China Development Bank, Ericsson’s local unit and even the telecom firm’s PR agency had at some point sought to invoke insolvency proceedings against RCom, its local lenders didn’t agree.
I thought some agency had disallowed the sale of Rcom's assets to Jio ?? :confused:

vikas2131

My analysis says so.....but if it does not go to 10000 then obviously my reading is wrong.

We are in a trading range of 10580 to 10980..... I am watching a level of 11100...if we exceed that on a cash nifty closing basis then we will not go to 10000 and the correction will end above 10000.....

Smart_trade
personally i am expecting no major down move until may.

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
I thought some agency had disallowed the sale of Rcom's assets to Jio ?? :confused:
yes, govt wanted full liability to be paid by new owner (jio) after sell of spectrum. which Jio denied. so 20,000 Cr deal went down the drain.

Now with NCLT/bankruptcy looming, whole of RCOM could be bought for 10-15k cr!

So Indian lender rejected insolvency plea 1-2 yrs back from Chinese lenders saying it will erode value of rcom. Now what? did they improved the value by sitting on their hands for so long?

Anyone who has money to spend is Mota bhai, and if news article is right about 'other family members' are allowed to buy, Jio will get the rcom assets much cheaper.

bpr

yes, govt wanted full liability to be paid by new owner (jio) after sell of spectrum. which Jio denied. so 20,000 Cr deal went down the drain.

Now with NCLT/bankruptcy looming, whole of RCOM could be bought for 10-15k cr!

So Indian lender rejected insolvency plea 1-2 yrs back from Chinese lenders saying it will erode value of rcom. Now what? did they improved the value by sitting on their hands for so long?

Anyone who has money to spend is Mota bhai, and if news article is right about 'other family members' are allowed to buy, Jio will get the rcom assets much cheaper.
so airtel vodaidea will not bid you never know it could get interesting

Oh, maybe they will bid, just to harass Jio :D
Everyone will bid at least a little below each firm's cost of replacing those assets. I don't think Jio will be able to buy those assets substantially below replacement cost - what ever that is.

Even if you don't want to buy, not bidding at all is stupid, unless the lenders set a support price above the fair price.

Maybe someone from industry can explain more.