General Trading Chat

St da,

We may break 10100 low which we made yesterday. But we may have rallys to 10800 or even 11000 before we may go down. The trade in other direction looks tradeable too.

Actually whats happening is we all are sharing information but in what context or how the person trading is applying it is actually missed by most people. May be this leads to selective understanding and interpretation of one traders rules in a different context by other trader.

Talking wrt swing context only. Was there a long trade on 10 oct .

The context was
We hit the lows twice on 8 th oct. The downmove on 9 th late evening failed and on 10th we closed strongly higher than 9 th high of 10421.

A freak event in US and we opened 3% down or theres something which we should avoid in general. Thanks in advance.
When I mentioned my view that the bottom is not yet made,I am talking about the final bottom.But the market can go up 300-400 nifty points and these moves could be traded in day trading.

But when there are so many factors outside the country affecting our markets it is every trader’s call whether he would like to keep swing trading positions when markets can open 200 nifty points whichever way ...I would not like to keep any overnight positions in swing till the dust settles down and some order returns in the market..day trading is ok because I have a tight control on my losses but in swing trading,No overnight positions till we have some order in domestic as well as international markets.

Smart_trade

lemondew

St da,

One more the demark guys always look fo reversal and they alwasys must be in such situations. What would your advice for demark and reversal traders.

When I mentioned my view that the bottom is not yet made,I am talking about the final bottom.But the market can go up 300-400 nifty points and these moves could be traded in day trading.

But when there are so many factors outside the country affecting our markets it is every trader’s call whether he would like to keep swing trading positions when markets can open 200 nifty points whichever way ...I would not like to keep any overnight positions in swing till the dust settles down and some order returns in the market..day trading is ok because I have a tight control on my losses but in swing trading,No overnight positions till we have some order in domestic as well as international markets.

Smart_trade

Dow has fallen 400 points from the day high. Any news ?
It had opened 400 points up....this is what I meant in my post above....I have no clue where we will open next trading day so keeping swing positions open overnight is extremely risky and is like playing the game blind....

ST

St da,

One more the demark guys always look fo reversal and they alwasys must be in such situations. What would your advice for demark and reversal traders.
Catching reversal is different than trading erratic markets....even in reversal we keep positions only when the market shows strength ......

ST

It had opened 400 points up....this is what I meant in my post above....I have no clue where we will open next trading day so keeping swing positions open overnight is extremely risky and is like playing the game blind....

ST
Many analysts abroad are of the view that US markets are topping out....

ST