General Trading Chat

travi

ST Sir,
Wanted to know how profit harvesting works after bonus issue. I mean say a company is trading at 444 and I purchase 100 shares of the company at the price of 444. Now it decides to give 1:1 bonus. After due date, now I have 200 shares at price of around 222. So can I sell 100 shares at 222 and claim the loss? But then what happens to remaining 100 shares? When I want to sell them, how much profit would be considered?
Actually, ST sir has answered in very detail, can search and if you're lucky will get the post.
To answer last part in short, the purchase price of bonus share is considered 0 in accounting, hence full sale value will be the profit component.

see this http://www.traderji.com/community/threads/general-trading-chat.96368/post-1224589
search, you'll get many posts on this.

Last edited:
ST Sir,
Wanted to know how profit harvesting works after bonus issue. I mean say a company is trading at 444 and I purchase 100 shares of the company at the price of 444. Now it decides to give 1:1 bonus. After due date, now I have 200 shares at price of around 222. So can I sell 100 shares at 222 and claim the loss? But then what happens to remaining 100 shares? When I want to sell them, how much profit would be considered?
Yes, short term loss can be adjusted with short term trading profits and remaining 100 shares remain with you and the cost of these shares is zero. So you hold the bonus shares for one year and sell and it becomes a long term capital gains and there you have exumption of 1 L per year. Earlier LTCG used to be taxfree but now its attractiveness is reduced as now we have to pay 10 % if the gains are over Rs 1 L per year.....you can also split selling the bonus in 2 financial years taking advantage of Rs 1 L in each year.

So profit harvesting to be done in shares where you dont mind holding bonus shares for 1 year....so only strong growth shares.

ST

Last edited:

Trader987

The Disciplined Trader
Why JetAirways stock has different closing price on daily time frame and different on lower time frame?
For 4/10/2018
closing on daily time frame = 197.10
closing on 1 min time frame = 185.80

Can anybody explain this how closing price can be different on different time frames?

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
On daily chart you will always see adjusted close, which is usually different from last candle close on smaller timeframe. That is to adjust for the last hour volatility.
It's a common occurrence in all scripts.
Why JetAirways stock has different closing price on daily time frame and different on lower time frame?
For 4/10/2018
closing on daily time frame = 197.10
closing on 1 min time frame = 185.80

Can anybody explain this how closing price can be different on different time frames?
Vivek