General Trading Chat

Last date for offering shares under TCS buyback is 21 st Sept 2018.If one wants to offer his shares in this buyback,he should complete the process in next 2-3 days .

Smart_ trade

Last date for offering shares under TCS buyback is 21 st Sept 2018.If one wants to offer his shares in this buyback,he should complete the process in next 2-3 days .

Smart_ trade
If offering through zerodha, 1st cut off is on Monday 12 PM. Seems to be painless process of just entering offer qty in backoffice. Hopefully, will get executed smoothly ..

Viewed a TV discussion on wealth management and transfer of wealth to the next generation in which two wealth managers discussed various asset classes for next 5-10 years. Some points which came out of that discussions are as under :

1) In India most people have wealth in gold and real estate . Of total wealth roughly 70 % is in real estate, in developed countries this % is only 15 %.
2) Wealth in financial assets such as shares,mutual funds, bonds,fixed income will increase in next 5-10 years substantially.
3) The reason for real estate steep appreciation in last few years was because of housing loans and the black money transactions in the sector.Now with demonetisation and GST the black money is reduced considerably and that is why property prices are stagnant for last 2 -3 years.
4) They were of the view that property ( residential ) will appreciate max by 7-8 % CAGR for next decade.
5) Every person must have a will ( preferably registered and done in presence of a doctor ) to ease transfer of wealth to the next generation....
6) The inflation of 5-6 % is false it is mostly food inflation...in real terms the inflation (considering children education,studies abroad,holidays and travels ) is 12 % pa...so if your wealth does not grow above 12 % CAGR, it losses its value.
7) Important members of the family should spend atleast 2-3 hours in a year togather discussing where the family wealth is ....bank accounts,bank lockers,demat accounts,mutual funds,insurance policies,housing loans, housing society nominations,Govt bonds etc and make notes which will be very useful in case of demise of earning member others can refer to these notes and they are not in the blank.

Our members may find it useful...

Smart_trade

Last edited:
Viewed a TV discussion on wealth management and transfer of wealth to the next generation in which two wealth managers discussed various asset classes for next 5-10 years. Some points which came out of that discussions are as under :

1) In India most people have wealth in gold and real estate . Of total wealth roughly 70 % is in real estate, in developed countries this % is only 15 %.
2) Wealth in financial assets such as shares,mutual funds, bonds,fixed income will increase in next 5-10 years substantially.
3) The reason for real estate steep appreciation in last few years was because of housing loans and the black money transactions in the sector.Now with demonetisation and GST the black money is reduced considerably and that is why property prices are stagnant for last 2 -3 years.
4) They were of the view that property ( residential ) will appreciate max by 7-8 % CAGR for next decade.
5) Every person must have a will ( preferably registered and done in presence of a doctor ) to ease transfer of wealth to the next generation....
6) The inflation of 5-6 % is false it is mostly food inflation...in real terms the inflation (considering children education,studies abroad,holidays and travels ) is 12 % pa...so if your wealth does not grow above 12 % CAGR, it losses its value.
7) Important members of the family should spend atleast 2-3 hours in a year togather discussing where the family wealth is ....bank accounts,bank lockers,demat accounts,mutual funds,insurance policies,housing loans, housing society nominations,Govt bonds etc and make notes which will be very useful in case of demise of earning member others can refer to these notes and they are not in the blank.

Our members may find it useful...

Smart_trade
India's situation is somewhat unique where property is concerned. We have 18% of the world's population and only 2.5% of the landmass. While all the other resources are dwindling, real estate is the only one that is sure to continue being in short supply. It can't be imported. So it is the only sure investment which doesn't ever go down in value, as is the danger with the other investments.

Agree with you about 12% CAGR. I have always held the opinion that the cost of living goes up by about 12-15% a year with a double increment every 5 years (or so).

Hello ST/ seniors

With the recent update from he govt related to sugar/ ethanol, I believe that the sugar stocks are a good buy at this point.

Th curious case is with Balrampur. Since it’s a FnO stock and interestingly this is the last month of it being in FnO, I hope the prices would be sort of controlled until this expiry and henceforth a good opportunity to accumulate it. Should show a good upmove post this month end.

Pls correct me if my understanding is wrong. TIA.

Cheers
AK

Hello ST/ seniors

With the recent update from he govt related to sugar/ ethanol, I believe that the sugar stocks are a good buy at this point.

Th curious case is with Balrampur. Since it’s a FnO stock and interestingly this is the last month of it being in FnO, I hope the prices would be sort of controlled until this expiry and henceforth a good opportunity to accumulate it. Should show a good upmove post this month end.

Pls correct me if my understanding is wrong. TIA.

Cheers
AK
Yes,sugar/ethanol will be good for sugar stocks....but this ethanol thing is being talked about from last so many months and years.I have never touched a sugar stock because they depend heavily on Govt policies particularly in UP and Maharashtra ,and the policies can change overnight depending on the politics so keep that in mind. They are fine for a short term trade but not for long term accumalation in my view.

Smart_trade

soft_trader

St da,
I want to invest long term. I can save 10k per month for 30 years. I don't know much about mutual funds. In your opinion what will be the best option for me?
Buying nifty etf every month, buying stocks on my own or I should put it into mutual fund SIP?