General Trading Chat

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
That I suppose would be because most people deal in equities only. But I am sure %wise it would be much more on derivatives. And they have made strange tweaks to lot sizes in the name of moral policing to ensure that even more tax needs to be paid
STT rate is much higher in cash market comparing to equity. If you want a positional swing trade for few days and u are banned from derivative trading then there is no option but take the delivery trade and pay much higher STT.

Using delivery trade, we can't keep positional swing short sell for few days also, which they want, they think due to shorters market fall :DD.
The recent Physical delivery rule is also set to collect higher STT in the same way, even there is physical delivery for options which is pathetic.
They want to SHIFT retail traders from Future Segment to Option Segment also to collect more STT. If u are using the same capital for options(instead of futures) u r bound to over trade and use higher volumes. Yes, these hidden criteria was clearly discussed on CNBC channel too. :mad: Somewhere in one of my thread, I have posted that link too.

Last edited:
Watch PAGEIND tom for bullish side. Today it made new high even in such a week market. Expecting some news tomorrow. Carrying Futures not cash. Broker margin calculator saying 1.05 lac per lot for NRML but actual amount blocked per lot is 1.65 lac.

Simple Trader

I am a newbie trader, and just starting out. I want to know if the new SEBI rules will effect the big, trendy moves we see in positional bank nifty?
Please go through the thread started by headstrong007. It has many useful details with discussion on relevant topics. Its really useful. Just search in this forum.

Simple Trader

headstrong007

Sign the petition, it is urgent. Not only beginners or small to medium capital traders will feel the pain but the big volume pro traders like me and even biggest traders who use very high volume. Now everyone has the limit according to networth!. Really? Knowledge, experience, current performance must be main criteria not network.
How SEBI can stop pro traders using leverage who are capable to handle leverage well? How can sebi stop beginners to do intraday future trading using BO (with limited risk) with leverage as their capital is less?
It is a big headache to show net-worth by CA for beginners like Higher educated students, job seekers, housewife etc etc.

SEBI must also, see the performance how, a smart trader is using leverage for years to accumulate hard-earned capital as an edge. There is a lot of such live example, we are trading, using leverage successfully when there is a big momentum trade.
During momentum trades or some high probable trades if we can't use high leverage how we can take the jackpot trades?

Sign it:-

Petition Against limiting exposure for traders in financial markets #freetotrade

https://www.change.org/p/sebi-again...m_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition

headstrong007

what is the name of the thread for searching it?
Go through the thread.

http://www.traderji.com/community/t...retailers-participation-in-f-o.106175/page-45

Sebi & Gormint are jointly performing a planned sequential action!
"the last nail in the coffin" may be

Cap investors’ equity (BOTH CASH, DERIVATIVE) exposure in line with net worth. Everyone will need to go with a costly process using a CA to ascertain net worth certificate. Many beginners, newcomers will stop investing/trading directly. I doubt it is an indirect way to shift smart small individual direct investors and traders (mostly common people) to mutual funds! :madi: