General Trading Chat

I did't see my stop loss price on the Terminal & in the snap quote window but my stop loss got triggered. When I was seeing price as 18 of CE on terminal , I got msg of my stop loss hit at the price of 32. At that point in Banknifty spot there was no spike whatsoever.
That is possible in options as the price in options sometimes preceeds the price on spot. So basically if you had a situation where your option price spiked suddenly and took your stops out and the charts confirm this spike, then I think its kind of ok

travi

I understand what you are saying but the price should eventually reflect the candle. Even if every tick is not, at least the OHLC should. I am saying that the price at which some of my orders were executed was outside the range of the candles
This part you need to check with the feed vendor as to how they reconcile the data EoD or otherwise and what level data is rec'd from Exch as well.

Afaik normal brokers go, they don't do any reconciliation and broadcast data rec'd from Exchange "as is" in near RT.

VJAY

Banknifty (spot) leaves its 3ema for 2nd consecutive session.
TP bro,
I think you are the only one who following SH's EmA closely ......are you checking other ema's too 100 & 34 ?

Hema123

Dream Believe Achieve
TP bro,
I think you are the only one who following SH's EmA closely ......are you checking other ema's too 100 & 34 ?
I was listening to Linda Rasche's interview and one of the strategies that she had mentioned was seeing how many days a price closes below the 5period MA. She did not get into the details but suggested that one should test it himself and added that the results were amazing.

Contrary to common intuition, she suggested this might be the sign of a strong trend and not a mean reversion trade

Her idea was to carry this forward as a swing trade if the price closed below/above this average. She possibly might be doing it for e-mini but it might be worth a shot for NF/BNF

Have you had any success stories on this front @timepass ?

I was listening to Linda Rasche's interview and one of the strategies that she had mentioned was seeing how many days a price closes below the 5period MA. She did not get into the details but suggested that one should test it himself and added that the results were amazing.

Contrary to common intuition, she suggested this might be the sign of a strong trend and not a mean reversion trade

Her idea was to carry this forward as a swing trade if the price closed below/above this average. She possibly might be doing it for e-mini but it might be worth a shot for NF/BNF

Have you had any success stories on this front @timepass ?
No, never noticed.
TP bro,
I am just fascinated by it so I look at it. I also look at 100ema but it hasn't shown anything special recently.
Correction tomorrow !!!
Not necessary. Maybe there would be a range strong enough to raise the average. Not right to trade contra in these times. Also, we have had 3 sessions when the 3ema has left banknifty spot.

Market momentum is showing that we probably are out of “no follow up” stage and starting to trend...charts are showing that we are trending upwards.Todays move is not one day up and one day down type of move....

Smart_trade

No, never noticed.

I am just fascinated by it so I look at it. I also look at 100ema but it hasn't shown anything special recently.

Not necessary. Maybe there would be a range strong enough to raise the average. Not right to trade contra in these times. Also, we have had 3 sessions when the 3ema has left banknifty spot.
In case any one is interested