General Trading Chat

ok..but what do you look for? Is there something on traderji which can serve as a starting point? I have tried to use that for scalping futures but have not had much success
Basically 8/21 on 1/3 minutes combined with ADX. When the ADX is trending, it is a good time to look for scalp. I don't buy/sell in one go. If I want to sell around 119, I place orders from 118.80 to 119.25 for selling 250 qnty in one order. Bracket orders, target of about 30-40 paisa only.

Basically 8/21 on 1/3 minutes combined with ADX. When the ADX is trending, it is a good time to look for scalp. I don't buy/sell in one go. If I want to sell around 119, I place orders from 118.80 to 119.25 for selling 250 qnty in one order. Bracket orders, target of about 30-40 paisa only.
thanks for clarfication..just a few follow up questions.
1) Can you please elaborate on 8/21 on 1/3 minutes. I am not sure I quite understand
2)when you say adx is trending, are you referring to +/-40 on +/-DI?

Thanks!

thanks for clarfication..just a few follow up questions.
1) Can you please elaborate on 8/21 on 1/3 minutes. I am not sure I quite understand
2)when you say adx is trending, are you referring to +/-40 on +/-DI?

Thanks!
It is 8 ema/ 21 ema on 1 or 3 min. If ADX is above 18 and trending up, there is a possible trade. ADX trending in 3 min is a stronger indicator for me. Orientbank is the flavor of this month. I enter in 250 quantity at 5 paisa interval.

But the most important thing is the exit. In day trading (in my personal opinion), it doesn't matter much whether you make 10 paisa or 1 rupee, as long as you exit in profit, or minimum loss.

Today I shouldn't have traded OBC because it was the result day, but it had a very strong downtrend move on almost all timeframes from 1 min to 30 min, so I got greedy and had a small trade.

These are my OBC trades today. A small day, but on other days there may be 4-5 such occasions.

upload_2018-1-30_19-30-21.png

I know that there may be many improvements available, but this one suits my temperament.