General Trading Chat

travi

Any trading/investment/wealth creation related new year resolution anyone has made ??

Smart_trade
Not fixing anything that isn't broken :D All's well, going well.A couple of weeks back I quoted leaning a bit more on the MidCap funds and that's doing well.

If you see the return on your Pharma fund (from June), even that is going well, jumped 2pts after yesterdays move.
Wish you and the Forum a good year ahead.

IBulls trader/broker on phone " Sirji, tod phod paisa banana hain to BNF PE kharid lo aaj"

Me: "Kisko todna hai?"

IBulls: "Huh?"

Me: "Kaun sa PE?"

IBulls: "Baad mein phone karta hoon"

simplebuthard

Working as Trading Assistant. Hire me !!
Any trading/investment/wealth creation related new year resolution anyone has made ??

Smart_trade
My resolution for 2018:

1. Investing 5000 rupees each month growth equities.

2. Working as a trader/trade executor for someone. If anybody want to hire me, let me know. For a 10000 salary, i can work for 8 hours a day for you, it may be a night owl job (managing forex,crude,gold etc) or day job.

I was thinking of taking some exposure in real estate in 2018 but I read an interview of a reputed builder in my city saying that he is casting 9th slab in his 10 storied housing project of 52 flats and the number of flats booked so far are just 3. He says he has taken bank loan and after completing the project if he is unable to sell, the bank will take over the project and sell flats at reduced rates.....that is a scary outcome.

A relative working as an advocate in a legal department of another builder tells me that in last 2 years they have not sold a single new flat and they have a large inventory of ready to move in flats....his parents had FD with the builder which they have withdrawn prematurely.

IT department has send notices to 35 builders of my city to pay income tax on the ready but unsold flats they are holding....this is one more straw on the camel's back.....

Another interview says that 2018 will see panic situation in property markets with many distress sale projects...

I met a relative at a family wedding and he started asking about which mutual funds to invest etc....on probing further I learnt that he and his wife togather has FD of Rs 32 Lacs ( many small FDs put togather ) with D.S. Kulkarni( a listed real estate development company ) which is facing bankruptcy. That explains sudden interest in mutual funds....very sad for the couple who are retired senior citizen.

So real estate plans on hold for next 1 year atleast as capitulation in real estate market is some time away .....I will look to buy the dips in stock markets and mutual funds.... will be too happy if we get a deep correction in 2018 upto say 9800 nifty or so....

Smart_trade

Last edited:
All the newer tall (40+ floors) towers in Mumbai seem pretty empty to me.

Either a lot of the flats are purchased just as investments or are unsold.

BTW, the view from the top floor flats seems very close to the adjacent buildings. Unless there's a curtain the view of the other flats is almost unbostructed :)

Where there was once a seaview now you have a "see" view.

Sidz

My resolution for 2018:

1. Investing 5000 rupees each month growth equities.

2. Working as a trader/trade executor for someone. If anybody want to hire me, let me know. For a 10000 salary, i can work for 8 hours a day for you, it may be a night owl job (managing forex,crude,gold etc) or day job.
Never work for someone at 2Xmonthly investment if you can invest Rs. 5000 per month. Equity will give us 10X if you have researched your stocks well and timed your exit well.

simplebuthard

Working as Trading Assistant. Hire me !!
Never work for someone at 2Xmonthly investment if you can invest Rs. 5000 per month. Equity will give us 10X if you have researched your stocks well and timed your exit well.
I not break even yet. so I try to work too. Because I am here most of the time but not utilising time well. While I am here, i can work for someone too at the same time.