General Trading Chat

Bhai If I had the data I would have posted it. I do not include Muhurat day or such short sessions data in my database :rolleyes:
Thanks bhai, but no problem.
I know it. You have shared some data with me, before as well.

Though its your choice, but in my opinion
You should add this time data, as the difference/range is quite big, particularly in 4 major indices.
BTW, if you didnt find it useful you can delete it any time.
Rest, its your choice, no compulsion. :)

Slacking on bad loans

Editorial: The Mint Published on October 21, 2017

The sheer scale of bad loan divergences cannot be explained away
as some minor disagreements over the recognition of NPAs

Axis Bank Ltd has once again admitted that there is a large gap between its estimate of toxic loans compared with what the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) estimates.
Two other private sector banks—ICICI Bank Ltd and Yes Bank Ltd—made similar disclosures when they announced their first-quarter results a few months ago.

The first response should have come internally. It is disturbing that the boards of these banks have maintained radio silence even after all this. The managements of these banks have not been asked the tough questions that good corporate governance demands. The sheer scale of the accounting gaps cannot be explained away as some minor disagreements over the recognition of bad loans.

Is it time for RBI and the Securities and Exchange Board of India to step in? In the past few years, many banks in developed markets have been asked to pay stiff fines for crossing regulatory limits. That need not be the only solution, but it is worth asking whether regulators need to move when company boards prefer to stay silent.

http://www.livemint.com/Opinion/g4q9ISkwShaWp1Utej20gI/Slacking-on-bad-loans.html

manojborle

Thanks bhai, but no problem.
I know it. You have shared some data with me, before as well.

Though its your choice, but in my opinion
You should add this time data, as the difference/range is quite big, particularly in 4 major indices.
BTW, if you didnt find it useful you can delete it any time.
Rest, its your choice, no compulsion. :)
Thanks Bhai
I have downloaded the file and it seems NSE has uploaded daiily volatility file too, So I do have to include it in my database.

http://www.livemint.com/Politics/pF...nks-question-UIDAIs-authority-to-issue-d.html

Last Published: Sat, Oct 21 2017. 01 06 AM IST
Aadhaar centres: Banks question UIDAI’s authority to issue directions
Only RBI has the power to issue directives to banks, says Indian Banks’ Association. In a directive on 7 October, UIDAI made it mandatory for banks to act as both the Aadhaar registrar and enrolment agency.

Mumbai: The Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) has questioned the jurisdiction of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) in issuing directions to banks under the Aadhaar Act, according to two people aware of the matter.

IBA has written to the ministry of electronics and information technology, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and the finance ministry’s department of financial services (DFS), arguing that only the central bank is empowered to issue directives to banks under the Banking Regulation Act, the two people said on condition of anonymity.

On 14 July, UIDAI first asked banks to open Aadhaar enrolment and updating facilities in at least one-tenth of their branches by the end of August. Later, it extended the deadline by a month and said it will impose a Rs20,000 fine per uncovered branch after 30 September, the Press Trust of India reported on 5 September, citing UIDAI chief executive Ajay Bhushan Pandey.

Now, in another directive on 7 October, UIDAI has made it mandatory for banks to act as both the Aadhaar registrar and enrolment agency. Banks will no longer be able to engage with private agencies for Aadhaar enrolment of their customers, it said.

“Banks shall complete the task of setting up Aadhaar enrolment and update center in 15,200 bank branches by 31 October. The centres shall be operated by banks directly inside bank branches without involvement of any private Aadhaar enrolment agencies,” said the circular, a copy of which has been reviewed by Mint.

The latest revision mandating that Aadhaar enrolment be done by banks directly comes after they had started the process of on-boarding private agencies for the opening and updating of Aadhaar accounts.

“State Bank of India (SBI) had already appointed 400 agencies for Aadhaar enrolment. The bank will now have to rework the strategy and allot its existing staff to do the process.,” said Neeraj Vyas, deputy managing director at India’s largest lender. “We are looking to set up 3,000 centres across rural and semi-urban areas.”

Spokespersons for UIDAI and IBA declined to comment. Emails sent to RBI and the department of financial services went unanswered.

The IBA letter also flagged issues involved in banks creating an Aadhaar database and using it for know-your-customer (KYC) purposes, according to one of the two people cited earlier.

“Aadhar enrolment is not the primary role of banks. We are awaiting clarity from both RBI and government whether we should take directives from an external authority to do Aadhaar enrolment as part of banking activity,” said this person.

UIDAI is authorized to ask banks to act as an enrolment agency after the government amended the Aadhar regulations, a government official said on condition of anonymity. The amendment gave UIDAI powers to ask any central or state agency or bank that provides a service requiring an individual to show an Aadhar number to also “ensure enrolment of such individual who is yet to be enrolled (for Aadhaar) or update their Aadhaar details, by setting up enrolment centres at their premises”.

Some experts challenge this view. According to S.D. Kelkar, former legal head of SBI, the amendment is framed under Section 54 (n) of the Aadhaar Act. This particular section deals with the general rule-making powers of UIDAI, which included laying down terms and conditions for the appointment of registrars, enrolling agencies and other service providers. It, however, doesn’t empower the authority to make it mandatory for banks to enrol Aadhaar customers, Kelkar explained .

The amendment “looks ultra vires (beyond one’s legal power or authority) and can be challenged on grounds that such a regulation cannot be framed by UIDAI”, said Kelkar.

On 14 October, a fresh petition was filed in Supreme Court challenging the government’s decision to link bank accounts and mobile phones to the 12-digit unique identity number issued by UIDAI.

In June, the government had amended the Prevention of Money Laundering (Maintenance of Records) Rules, 2005, requiring Aadhaar to be linked to every bank account by 31 December, failing which the accounts will become inoperative.

manojborle

Thanks bhai

I forgot about Sharma ji database as I was not using his database since a long time.
But it seems, this time, I have to settle with his data only, though with some editing.
Silly question : How can amibroker show this data on charts when database settings are set to 0915 to 1530 ?

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
What a magnificent reply by RJ!

Can I ask you something.
I know it is difficult but do you like to lose? Is it something that inspires you more or do you hate it? I hate losing.

Rakesh Jhunjuhunwala replied:-

Nobody likes to lose but the reality is that there is no victory without loss. If there was no loss then how do you know that what would victory be.

I think that I am not afraid to make a mistake, but only make one which I can afford. So that I may live to make another one.

Though I do not mind losing but I must learn from that losing.

You are in a profession where uncertainty is built in. One thing in life is that rather than our own liking and disliking, let us understand what reality is and let us adjust to it. So, I am not afraid to lose.

Read more at:-

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...-rakesh-jhunjhunwala/articleshow/61161672.cms

ha ha ha

I asked for 1 min data for 4 symbols and for 1 day only and no one is ready to post this much, even 1 day data (except 1 member and what he was ready to share, was too much for me)
And you people want me ........................................... :D

What would have happened, if have asked for data for some 50/100 symbols lol lol lol
a brother using GFDL also didnt share it :troll: but unnecessary tagged RJ..
now RJ is confused which datafeed to use o_O