General Trading Chat

I don't trade VEDL but posting because newuser asked.

There were 3 moves in VEDL today...right from the open it was in sell mode.So initial sell lasted till about 11-11:15. THis then followed by a antitrend upmove which made a lower VPH and it was a sell again after 12:20 pivot low was broken after 2:00 and hold till the end...so only 2 short trades today.

I am viewing this on a 3 min chart.

Smart_trade

I trade spot. Missed short at Lod around 2:40pm as I closed the terminal
What trade was there around 2:20?
There was a short in place as per Varun's OBV strategy, with a 36/200 crossover on both price and OBV. Then around 2:20 the supertrend(100,3) signalled a short too, so one could short either on 36ema touch or below whatever pivot, depending on your trading style; and a stoploss at the supertrend.

What's your normal stoploss in VEDL ? A range of 8-9Rs per session, you may need a SL of 1.5Rs or so.

lemondew

thanks for sharing. I been getting a lot of sL as well. few users in a few days have green days. Red is the norm.
Can someone explain how one could have played vedanta today, price action wise? Despite strong dowmove I was stopped out at par and didn't made any money

Sent from my AO5510 using Tapatalk

I don't trade VEDL but posting because newuser asked.

There were 3 moves in VEDL today...right from the open it was in sell mode.So initial sell lasted till about 11-11:15. THis then followed by a antitrend upmove which made a lower VPH and it was a sell again after 12:20 pivot low was broken after 2:00 and hold till the end...so only 2 short trades today.

I am viewing this on a 3 min chart.

Smart_trade
Thanks chart is much more clear in 3min, I trade 5min. Took the morning short out at 11:15. But missed that afternoon short, since I was looking for long based on short covering.

@tp my SLS are pivots web highs usually range from 50p to 150p

Sent from my AO5510 using Tapatalk

Positional players might accumulate longs for a target of 23000 +

And since it is going up after subsequent lower lows made yesterday gotta be really really careful until major resistance is taken out if not :D

Just a thought :cool: