General Trading Chat

YES BANK Falls 5%

1:12 pm NPA issue: In keeping with RBI's directive to banks on disclosure of divergences, Yes Bank reported Rs 4176.7 crore in gross non-performing assets in stark contrast to RBI's assessment of Rs 4176.7 crore for March 2016. The net NPAs, according to the annual report of the bank, were at Rs 3318.7 crore.

Explaining the RBI's assessment, Rana Kapoor, Yes Bank’s MD and CEO mentioned that the gross NPAs increased largely due to one single cement borrower (Jaiprakash Associates), the exposure to which stood at Rs 911 crore (88 percent of gross NPAs).”

Yes Bank’s gross NPAs as on March 2016 stood at Rs 750 crore while gross NPAs assessed by RBI were at Rs 4925.7 crore. Net NPAs for the bank were at Rs 284.5 crore, while RBI’s assessment for net NPAs stood at Rs 3603.1 crore.

Question is ....... will this impact other Private banks as well because ...... it breaks the myth that NPA issue pertains more or less to sarkaari bank ...

travi

Question is ....... will this impact other Private banks as well because ...... it breaks the myth that NPA issue pertains more or less to sarkaari bank ...
All banks fundamentally operate by racking in money at a payout interest of x% and loan the same at y%.

Therefore every bank, in general, will have NPA's.
NPA's are not taken in but its more like deals that went sour just like a bad trade.
When trade is taken, we expect it to be a winner until it hits SL.
Same way, loan managers have their own portfolios that they have to manage and keep their neck above the water.

The problem till date was that such Banks rely upon the thought that all lenders to the bank will not liquidate at once and kept NPA's piling up or collecting dust.
If it goes on, and defaulters keep adding to the system, situation will go out of control, similar to the '08 bubble.

Its now that the RBI & Govt wants stricter rules in how loans will be given, cues collected on time and nail defaulters instead of them running off to some safe havens etc

So many pvt bank, co-operatives have disappeared into thin air in the past, problem with Sarkaari banks is that Sarkar gets a beating.
With pvt banks, sarkar will get beating if space isnt monitored/regulated for well-being of its citizens.

Oriental Bank of Commerce Down 7% ..........

2:50 pm Earnings: Public sector lender Oriental Bank of Commerce posted highest ever loss at Rs 1,218 crore for January-March quarter against profit of Rs 21.6 crore in year-ago period, impacted by higher provisions. The loss was quite higher compared to analysts' estimates of Rs 77.4 crore.

Net interest income, the difference between interest earned and interest expended, fell 3.4 percent year-on-year to Rs 1,307.3 crore in the quarter ended March 2017, which was in line.

According to analysts polled by CNBC-TV18, net interest income was estimated at Rs 1,293.4 crore for the quarter.

Provisions for non-performing assets (NPA) increased nearly three times to Rs 3,050.6 crore compared with Rs 1,086.5 crore in same quarter last fiscal and nearly doubled from Rs 1,429.6 crore reported in previous quarter.

Asset quality as a percentage of gross and net NPAs improved during the quarter. Gross NPA declined 7 basis points sequentially to 13.73 percent and net NPA fell 72 bps to 8.96 percent in the quarter gone by.

HappyLife

......and a bit of zerodha problem too, as posted in that thread. Do take a look.
I am out of zerodha …. not trading with them for months … talk to rksv ...... answer each & every query of mine properly …… I don’t use bo/co but they are providing 4x for bo/co ….
hopeful about rksv of no such infrastructure issue everyday like zerodha.

TP this sort of issue effects our trading …..…….

I am out of zerodha …. not trading with them for months … talk to rksv ...... answer each & every query of mine properly …… I don’t use bo/co but they are providing 4x for bo/co ….
hopeful about rksv of no such infrastructure issue everyday like zerodha.

TP this sort of issue effects our trading …..…….
You are right. I have mentioned earlier that both RKSV and TSO are fine brokers.