General Trading Chat

Blackhole

All through NF / BNF Breaks out in last few days and last two days are NR7 still today might be range bound day( BNF expiry).

data is still bullish in both the indexes as FII/ DII are buyers and put base shifting upwards....But Put Call Ratio is concern...Caution

wisp

I am thinking of starting a thread of all the types of mistakes I have made in my life as a trader, do you think it will help anyone, should I start such a thread at all? !? :D If you think I should start this thread, please thank for this post . If no one (or very few ) thanks, then I will know this is another rubbish idea of mine :D :D One more plume in my fool's hat :D :D

Subhadip

:thumb:
I am thinking of starting a thread of all the types of mistakes I have made in my life as a trader, do you think it will help anyone, should I start such a thread at all? !? :D If you think I should start this thread, please thank for this post . If no one (or very few ) thanks, then I will know this is another rubbish idea of mine :D :D One more plume in my fool's hat :D :D
Go ahead.

Trader_PK

Stop loss - how my mind works :D

Day 1 - Stuck to planned stop loss for all trades - loss day
Day 2 - Stuck to planned stop loss for all trades- loss day
Day 3 - let me try to outwit the market and move stop loss to a safe place

Day 3 EOD - OMG the market took my stop loss and charged in the direction of my original trade leaving me by the wayside, had I stuck to my planned stop loss I would have made up losses of Day 1 and Day 2 and made some great profit!

I cant even begin to tell the number of times the above has happened to me!! Trying to overcome this failing of mine with some discipline, lets see how this month turns out.
if I am not in profit after 15-20 min...I get out...dont wait to hit stop loss

Start the thread...all of us have plenty of our own stuff to post in that thread...:D

Smart_trade

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Yday I crowned myself as the most "inconsistent trader".
I bet you will face lot of competition from me in your new thread as I have my own set of mistakes... ;)

You got 12 thanks, thats more than enough encouragement for u to start a thread. :rofl:

vikas2131

i have made so many..it is embarrassing to even talk about those mistakes.. :D

Last edited: