General Trading Chat

I agree we should mostly go with the trend, except in exceptional cases. Today I won't call a trend day, just a technical bounce. I did not trade today because bounces like these can be very dangerous for stop loss. :D

Was just watching the screen and planning lots of trade in mind for future use. I have selected few stocks for put buying etc.
Sir, Most of us here trade the smaller time frame. So on a 3/5 minute chart, today would be considered a trend day. However, if you looked at larger Tf like the daily, it appears like a pull back day from an oversold area of support.

4 days ago, I had bought Titan at 302 as an investment. But since it yielded 5% in a very short time, I decided to book out today at 318. Stocks like titan, Lic hsg fin were all pull back candidates. I do not rule out another 3-5% upside in some of these stocks. You may be right in buying puts on these stocks if they head higher and begin to stall.

If you do not mind me asking, would you share what stocks you have your eyes on for selling?

travi

In your experience, for how many days does this antitrend rally happens?
By looking at today's trend. Can we expect it for 2-3 more days?
A point to note:
Ppl say that there is no point looking at FII/DII Data which is very true bcos most ppl don't interpret it correctly.
If you look at the FII data carefully, they have dumped their cash market and spread them over Derivatives and DEBT instruments with Derivatives being a huge chunk.
[No one is selling and repatriating funds :D]
The 2k Cr NET on some days and 17k Cr Net Sell this month is like pocket change for them.
Their daily volume(Turn Over) can run in Lakh Crores per day.

Now, if I were to ask you, why would someone dump in the cash market(ie. stocks) and spread in derivatives and a bit less in Debt instruments?

Therefore, expect rallies but next 1,2 or 3 months would be needed to declare the bottom.

There is no such rule but 2-3 more days of rally is very much possible.
Smart_trade
What ST Sir said with TD count, is that there is a buy setup and now countdown starts in which you can expect rallies bcos the countdown rules aren't as tight as the setup.

If all bars aren't setup, you can still look at eg. 20 trading days which is like start of Jan for countdown to complete.

I feel realty, banks and cement will go further down. Pharma and IT will act as defensives. Metals are news-based cyclical high beta, give swift moves in both directions.

Tricky part in buying puts is choppiness. It will increase this month. Big moves in one direction might not come at one go.

There are 2 very important events - both monetary policies. Ours and that of US and market will pre-empt both events.

The ramifications of both events individually and collectively and their implications for rupee will determine the market movement.

The banks have opened for normal business today. Hardly any queue today, but still short of cash. So the banks are using their own limits (less than 24000) for withdrawal. I think that resumption of normal banking will be a huge plus for the banknifty.

I guess the situation will ease once the Rs. 500 notes become common. They have reached Delhi but aren't seen in Surat as yet. So I am having a lot of fun showing off my single Rs. 500 note to everyone :D

Rish

The banks have opened for normal business today. Hardly any queue today, but still short of cash. So the banks are using their own limits (less than 24000) for withdrawal. I think that resumption of normal banking will be a huge plus for the banknifty.

I guess the situation will ease once the Rs. 500 notes become common. They have reached Delhi but aren't seen in Surat as yet. So I am having a lot of fun showing off my single Rs. 500 note to everyone :D
Compare to 2000 ....500 looks good.....

You are safe having single note...even any ban...no issue for you...:lol::lol:

vijkris

Learner and Follower

2 Types of 500 rs. notes is in circulation it seems. Which one is yours ?

TP Sir!!!

Just to show off your solitary 500 new note, you have traveled all the way to Surat? ;)

Not a good image, but it is a genuine new series 500Rs. note that I got from an ATM in Delhi last Thursday night (along with a Rs. 2000 note).

Compare to 2000 ....500 looks good.....

You are safe having single note...even any ban...no issue for you...:lol::lol:
2 Types of 500 rs. notes is in circulation it seems. Which one is yours ?
TP Sir!!!

Just to show off your solitary 500 new note, you have traveled all the way to Surat? ;)
:D :D