General Trading Chat

If one reads here in the forum comments over and over again are seen of the following kind: I have health problems as I do trading. With the time readers could start to think such problems are caused because only of trading and so trading therefore is injurious. Fact is that all jobs done seated and impacted by stress are connected dangerously to injurious and not only trading.

If, nevertheless, people are aware if one sits a lot while his activities and this can cause health problems in the long run , then action is asked for.

Many traders and writers here in the forum speak a lot about there discipline in trading and there goals they set and want to set. So dear traders: Discipline is also for the health a catchword and a goal to set. A half an hour to one hour per day doing some kind of what ever exercises is the goal to set to avoid health problems in the long run in every job done seated and stress related, not only in trading.

travi

If one reads here in the forum comments over and over again are seen of the following kind: I have health problems as I do trading. With the time readers could start to think such problems are caused because only of trading and so trading therefore is injurious. Fact is that all jobs done seated and impacted by stress are connected dangerously to injurious and not only trading.

If, nevertheless, people are aware if one sits a lot while his activities and this can cause health problems in the long run , then action is asked for.

Many traders and writers here in the forum speak a lot about there discipline in trading and there goals they set and want to set. So dear traders: Discipline is also for the health a catchword and a goal to set. A half an hour to one hour per day doing some kind of what ever exercises is the goal to set to avoid health problems in the long run in every job done seated and stress related, not only in trading.
Well said, all actions require discipline.

In the particular case of Niftytaurus, seeing his earlier posts, his bad health is some rare condition and not related to trading.

BTW i think everyone should take care of health as trading demands lot of hours in sitting.

XRAY27

Hi ST Da & other senior traders
I am fix in some confusion..I have tested some Price action setups on 18 month of data of nifty-future..I didnt do hindsight backtesting but bar by bar replay..it gave fabuolous results..& from june-2016, i traded Live with real money..it gave 8R,5R & 12 R in last 3 monthes till august..But from last 3 weeks of september it gives -6,+1,-1 R..it makes me worried & I stopped trading this week..
My setups are price action setups..entry & exits are objective..18 monthes data should cover all kind of markets & it showed fabulous result..but there is a big disprency & difference in actual results..
Right now, It shaken my confidence & it damaged my psychology..if after, bar replay on 18 monthes data doesnt prove success..If after so much hard work, still I am not confident ..so now what to do? how do I make confident on my method..?If I put big money on some month & that kind of results will happen..it will wipe out my all previous profits??
My entries are right most of the time but exit is still problem for me..
My health is not supporting me nowadays but I with my will power, I am continuing doig hardwork but sometimes I really get frustated & hopeless..please show me the path
thanks
some of my solution/s

i tested some setups for 36 months still they won't perform for consecutive 4 to 7 times :mad:...a dull period in intra day many be just an order in longer time frames ..so add swing/positional trading, things are quite better after adding swing/positional along with intra or else do trading in stock fut if possible on intra day basis..

Last edited:

travi

travi

some of my solution/s

i tested some setups for 36 months still they won't perform for consecutive 4 to 7 times :mad:...a dull period in intra day many be just an order longer time frames ..so add swing/positional trading

for me things are quite better after adding swing/positional along with intra or else do trading in stock fut if possible on intra day basis..
or as Subhadip Sir mentioned, good time to write options :)
If you note the intraday decay on BN, its pretty big.

lemondew

Last edited: