General Trading Chat

"Lastly, the regulator also wants to review the tick-by-tick data feed. Currently, this data-heavy feed, which provides details of all orders and trades on a real-time basis, is subscribed by only HFT users for a fee. Sebi now wants to provide structured data—for example, top 20 or top 30 or top 50 bids/asks, market depth, etc.—to all market participants at a prescribed time int"

Is sebi serious or trolling us...
Lets hope something happens for real.
Hello Bpr,

Could you please help me better understand the highlighted points you made, i.e. i mean to say why you feel SEBI is trolling us... Is increasing visibility the Depth of market bad for us retail participants.

Thanks

RockyRobust

Good information mate.

Why is SEBI trying to look for work around for HFT server co-location? It begs the question, when they acknowledge that HFT has an unfair advantage over retail participants, why not JUST BE DONE AWAY WITH THE PRACTICE OF SERVER CO-LOCATION?:confused::confused::confused:
This co-location thing is a huge source of income for Exchange and they want big volumes so big players have been facilitated. Level playing field cannot be achieved in totality I believe.

Da, with positionals under what conditions would you carry a trade over the weekend/holidays?
As a general rule if the market is sufficiently away from our entry point, and if there is margin of safety, we keep the position....if not get out at EOD.

Smart_trade