General Trading Chat

rip07

Dear friends,
I got trapped in yesterdays fall of Infy.I am aware that yesterday was results day and at 8 am,I checked the website of Infy where i found that the results will be released @9.15 am and I don't know it will be released @10am.It opened @1190 and came down to 1171.I assume that results released and hype is over.Few minutes before 10,I bought 1 lot @1181 and put sell order @1185.Here is my fate begins to play.Exactly at this time,a guest from far away place pressed the calling bell and I went down to receive him.He came for inviting me for his daughter's wedding and left.It took almost 10 minutes.Returned back to terminal.Oh my god!I can't believe my eyes. Infy showing 1113.I did'nt know what to do_One thing flashed in my mind,it is down 70 rupees within minutes,a pullback will come, then we will exit.To my horror,it went down to 1070 within minutes.Now I am left with 1 lot long.OK.past is past.
Now I am putting a question to my trader friends.Is it prudent to roll over for few months? Can I see my buying price in next 3/4 months? Or any other suggestions,please? Your advice is needed.Thanks.
Dear Friend, sometimes, options can provide the same protection as stops. So, please take care next time when you want to do something on Result day. I know it is difficult instinct to stop trading on result days, as reward could be huge if you are right.

In this moment, If i were you I would book the loss, as winners are waiting for me in future. I do not want to carry losers with me.

Thanks
rip07

wisp

Dear friends,
I got trapped in yesterdays fall of Infy.I am aware that yesterday was results day and at 8 am,I checked the website of Infy where i found that the results will be released @9.15 am and I don't know it will be released @10am.It opened @1190 and came down to 1171.I assume that results released and hype is over.Few minutes before 10,I bought 1 lot @1181 and put sell order @1185.Here is my fate begins to play.Exactly at this time,a guest from far away place pressed the calling bell and I went down to receive him.He came for inviting me for his daughter's wedding and left.It took almost 10 minutes.Returned back to terminal.Oh my god!I can't believe my eyes. Infy showing 1113.I did'nt know what to do_One thing flashed in my mind,it is down 70 rupees within minutes,a pullback will come, then we will exit.To my horror,it went down to 1070 within minutes.Now I am left with 1 lot long.OK.past is past.
Now I am putting a question to my trader friends.Is it prudent to roll over for few months? Can I see my buying price in next 3/4 months? Or any other suggestions,please? Your advice is needed.Thanks.
This is for next time:
If calling bell rings next time, either dont attend it (cos you are working) or protect your trade first with an SL (if you have not protected it already) before moving away from your desk. Its futures, the chart doesnt look good, so I would think bite the bullet and put an SL order, if it goes, let it go.

Last edited:
??????????????
Please elaborate :)
I was thinking of making a small circle of interested traders, who then discuss live trades, as they are happening, what they have Bought or Shorted for Intraday.

Of course not going to be easy, since we all strangers here. And many will advise against it. But if anyone ever interested let me know.

I have backtested my strategy on Zerodha Pi but I would like to re-test it on Ami for confirmation, so setting up everything. Might be able to finish this weekend.

I was thinking of making a small circle of interested traders, who then discuss live trades, as they are happening, what they have Bought or Shorted for Intraday.

Of course not going to be easy, since we all strangers here. And many will advise against it. But if anyone ever interested let me know.

I have backtested my strategy on Zerodha Pi but I would like to re-test it on Ami for confirmation, so setting up everything. Might be able to finish this weekend.
I doubt this sort of venture will be a successful one.