General Trading Chat

TracerBullet

TC bhai can you explain aggressive pivot entry and range consolidation entry.
Aggressive Pivot - ST style mph is formed when price makes lower close and lower low than the high bar. If only one of these happen then its aggressive pivot. Or simply small pause before resuming. So wait for small pullback and take entry if it resumes.

Range consolidation entry - I guess this is just BO of small consolidation, say few up down bars before break. When momentum is high, maybe wont get deep pullbacks. After deeper pullbacks, can use normal entries.

Also see this post. Image below taken from a summary document

Last edited:

LoneWolf

When I started trading, there were no futures and options. That time we used to trade Reliance,Tisco ,Orkay both intraday and positions. That time weekly options unofficially were there ( they were called Phatak in local language) ,I used to trade those Phataks also. There used to be unofficial Badla in the market where one can hold positions in Badla. There were Dabba trades...I have traded all.I have used leverage as that time margin rules were not that strict and settlement was on 15 days period.

But all trading positions. Nothing in delivery. I have almost blown this initial capital couple of times and had to put additional money selling my stocks which were bought when I was in a job. Those were crazy days...:D

Smart_trade
Were you trading of charts at that time ?? Or by other means ??

Were you trading of charts at that time ?? Or by other means ??
Was a chart trader all along. But that time intraday charts were not available on any chart data service. So used to plot reliance chart on a graph paper by hand...graph paper,a pad and pencil....1 point change and we used to plot it. Very tedious process but it gave me great advantage in chart reading.We used to keep those graph sheets, put them on the dining table and look for long term trends and S and R levels on weekends.

People used to look at us chart traders as some kind of black magicians or Whoo-doo artists....few used to make fun saying " chart seedha pakadna hai ya ulta" or " chart dekhkar koi rupiya kama sakta hai kya....." but soon they realised that we were few profitable traders in the market.

Smart_trade

Last edited:

LoneWolf

Was a chart trader all along. But that time intraday charts were not available on any chart data service. So used to plot reliance chart on a graph paper by hand...graph paper,a pad and pencil....1 point change and we used to plot it. Very tedious process but it gave me great advantage in chart reading.We used to keep those graph sheets, put them on the dining table and look for long term trends and S and R levels on weekends.

Smart_trade
I really cant believe it, and to a kid of this time, where everything is dizitalized, and be it chart, be it S/R, Be it Pivot, Be it trend, they are all coded in to AFL, and our job is half done, the only thing we need to follow a system with no emotion, and still we are failing to do that, At the same time you were plotting the charts on a graph with pencils, in the real time, and still trading along with that.. I can only imagine the situation. Now I understand how you evolved in to a great price action trader.. Salute to you..:thumb:

Well one good thing is that those activity must be keeping you busy all the time, where there would no time to even get bored. :D :D, and no time for emotion..

" Winners stand alone " ... and its true, when a person gets success and fame, all see his/her achievements, But very few know the hardship, sweat and pain through path which leads to those achievements.. We are blessed to have you among us..