General Trading Chat

princy01

guys its a big forum , how come nobody looks at max pain in last 2 weeks ? maybe people see and not share :)

please share best and free way to track max pain daily , except raj sir excel sheet as i need another confirmation source for it

regards

ST sir, one query, today I entered long in nifty quite early and was trailing my stops at previous mpl, I finally got exited when tsl hit at around 12, and then it flew, didn't play the catching game and missed the great vertical move.
What could I have done differently.

Regards
Vivek
Until ST da answers,

On 1h charts, 7880 was mph break. The minor downtrend that started after break of ~7890 failed and we resume in direction of daily minor trend. I didnt check VPs on it, but if bias was already long, could have considered another setup in this area. And once we are moving in strong impulse every High break is entry /add point. ( Easy to say than do, i know ... )

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Until ST da answers,

On 1h charts, 7880 was mph break. The downtrend that started after break of ~7890 failed and we resume in direction of daily trend. I didnt check VPs on it, but if bias was already long, could have considered another setup in this area. And once we are moving in strong impulse every High break is entry /add point. ( Easy to say than do, i know ... )
You meant I could have reentered. Actually I have burnt my fingers many times on reentry, couldn't fathom enough courage, and then it flew.

Regards
Vivek

You meant I could have reentered. Actually I have burnt my fingers many times on reentry, couldn't fathom enough courage, and then it flew.

Regards
Vivek
yes i know, but that is the right thing to do in this context. Also once it broke and ran, then can try to enter on BO after every pullback. Its hard to do, esp with long tails and after missing original entry area. I am struggling to do it too ( in stocks). But in trend trading cant afford to sit back when trending.

So i am now going to focus on mainly with trend impulse moves ( after HTF trend breaks mph ) to get used to it before looking at other setups. Dont doubt the trend until it ends.

vivektrader

yes i know, but that is the right thing to do in this context. Also once it broke and ran, then can try to enter on every pullback. Its hard to do, esp with long tails and after missing original entry area. I am struggling to do it too ( in stocks). But in trend trading cant afford to sit back when trending.

So i am now going to focus on mainly with trend impulse moves ( after HTF trend breaks mph ) to get used to it before looking at other setups.
Did you ride today's nifty wave?

Regards
Vivek

ST sir, one query, today I entered long in nifty quite early and was trailing my stops at previous mpl, I finally got exited when tsl hit at around 12, and then it flew, didn't play the catching game and missed the great vertical move.
What could I have done differently.

Regards
Vivek
When the trailing stoploss is hit, that trade is over...till 12:00 market was in slow uptrend...after that it went into fast and furious trend mode...in such moves trade less qty than normal as stops are wide and get in the trend.

It is not a catching game...here you are entering in a new trend which is underway.

Smart_trade

Did you ride today's nifty wave?

Regards
Vivek
nope, not trading nifty - only stocks with very small qty. But i recognized setup before 7880 break ( 1H mt change ). Then didnt check and it flew ..

Right now, still trying to get used to tracking multiple stocks (so that i can trade only clean HTF trends/ reversals and ignore all other setups )

vivektrader

When the trailing stoploss is hit, that trade is over...till 12:00 market was in slow uptrend...after that it went into fast and furious trend mode...in such moves trade less qty than normal as stops are wide and get in the trend.

It is not a catching game...here you are entering in a new trend which is underway.

Smart_trade
And sir, from many of your previous (longtime) posts, I guess you do not advocate use of filters, is that correct?

Regards
Vivek

Last edited: