General Trading Chat

XRAY27

Dear Sir,

How it will work sir? just im seeing this..automatically daily will update r how sir?first time seeing thats what pl reply me..

Thank u so much:clapping:
Sir,

i'm not creator of this excel sheet, it is hard work of health raj

Please refer this link Health Raj thread

I have a small query regarding early exit when trade dosnt move into favour.

Below is my todays trading chart. I entered Vedanta at the break of 90, in my first trade the trade didnt move into favor for 30 mins so I managed the trade and was out with .25rs loss. Then I reentered on the second break og 90 level and then the second trade worked well. Now had I not managed the first trade and keep the SL intact I would have lost 25 bps. What is the correct approach to manage the trades or just keep the SL intact and keep it moving mechanically.

I have seen few traders making more than 3 cr in trading but they have trading capital of 2-2.5 cr and they trade large positions in nifty and stocks futures...something like a position of 1000 NF contracts ( or 75000 nifty fut ) and in that position they day trade and increase their profitability.

ST
Dada,how many lots can be traded intraday? query is more abt scalping for few quick points..so say 7500NF contracts possible to scalp? will all get execute at the same price?

I have a small query regarding early exit when trade dosnt move into favour.

Below is my todays trading chart. I entered Vedanta at the break of 90, in my first trade the trade didnt move into favor for 30 mins so I managed the trade and was out with .25rs loss. Then I reentered on the second break og 90 level and then the second trade worked well. Now had I not managed the first trade and keep the SL intact I would have lost 25 bps. What is the correct approach to manage the trades or just keep the SL intact and keep it moving mechanically.

Here is what i understand - How to manage is personal preference. Use what works for you. Everything has a tradeoff - make a set of logical rules based on what feels comfortable and try to make it work in practice.

So, for example, for me - my current plan is to keep tight management around entry area and keep Stops small. Once it moves we give it space. So if after trade moves, if BO area does not hold - i want to get out. If BO bar or some other reasonable small stop gets taken - i want to get out. You can also use Time stops if it suits you. This will mean i will get out of lot of trades, even when they worked fine. Sometimes price will hit my stop to the tick and move without me too. This is fine - my current target is take all trades by plan without fail and make sure that i am always in trades that move quickly ( still trying to do this ). Such trades, esp trend days, make up for all small hits. Why is this my plan? Because if i take bigger stops, i start hesitating and then i miss good moves. But This is me, you are different and you may prefer to keep correct stops at Pivot H/L and let the trade work out or something else.

So, eventually, once i am able to execute this with discipline - i will have to work on rentry to get into atleast some of those trades that i miss. You did that and got into good trade. So whats the problem? There is no correct way of trade management - only options with tradeoffs. Some trades will hang around and then take your stop using up your energy. Anyway, disclaimer - i am only learning trader right now.

Last edited:
One of my friends took a long holiday with his wife.
On his return,I asked him where was his holiday..
He replied in his akdu andaaj " Singapore ...."

baad me 2 months baad pata chala ki Sahab apni Bibi aur Mataji ko leke Shani Shingnapur gaya tha :D

kidhar bhi jaaye...lekin hamare ghar wale 2 months tak taane maar rahe the uska kya?
haha..funny

Dada,how many lots can be traded intraday? query is more abt scalping for few quick points..so say 7500NF contracts possible to scalp? will all get execute at the same price?
A person making 3 cr does not scalp.He trades swing and position trades.Scalping is ok for 1500 -2000 nifty

Are you planning to be a scalper when you reach 2-3 cr profit level ?

ST