General Trading Chat

Nifty Heading for previous support area,so we many have some shallow moves !!! today low is crucial for tomorrow trading it seems!!!

arre baba, can't you try to draw a H&S there ? (regardless of previous uptrend or not).
SGX Nifty at 7766 ...Baffalo gone in water ?

ST
No buffalo in hand, nothing to worry :)

amandeep86

One can use ATR for deciding what type of market we are in . Also ATR can be used for variety of other uses such as profit booking...so with 72-75 ATR when NF does top to bottom move of 65-70 points we know that statistically the days move is near its end and a short term bottom atleast is expected...just see what happened at 7800-7790 range....70-75 points move from top was over and the market did a short term bottom.....and that is why 7800-7790 was a good range for profit booking if one was in short position today .

Smart_trade
Da,

For day trading which TimeFrame ATR is suitable to be looked at?

Reference Timeframe (30 Tf ) or Trading TF 5 TF?

Sunnyraj

These successful traders need no publicity....they hate looser talks. They dont visit the forums because some idiot will start arguing with them that money cannot be made in trading which these guys have been making tons of it for years....they wont waste their time and energies on arguments, proving their point etc.

I have couple of groups of some very successful traders and we interact almost daily and share notes...all trade on different methods, we dont even ask the other person to share his method but we talk about markets ,economy, and ocasionally share some good ideas and trades, some research....we share generally whether the month was good or difficult but no questions of how much qty each trades and how much money each one makes.....not even any reference to money made.

Smart_trade

ST sir, do you think that attending various seminars/events organised by brokerage houses would be a good idea to network with traders?

But again.....a thought comes why will any successful trader come to these events.

Here, in this forum we are fortunate to interact with seniors like you and others.....but i'm sure interacting with successful traders in person would be a different experience....

Da,

For day trading which TimeFrame ATR is suitable to be looked at?

Reference Timeframe (30 Tf ) or Trading TF 5 TF?
For judging the type of market and likely extent of the move, ATR on daily timeframe.

ST

XRAY27

arre baba, can't you try to draw a H&S there ? (regardless of previous uptrend or not).
I cannot draw because it often fails in that area..which i have posted on this many times not the way to treat that... you can draw it and name it as you like ;) :D

ST sir, do you think that attending various seminars/events organised by brokerage houses would be a good idea to network with traders?

But again.....a thought comes why will any successful trader come to these events.

Here, in this forum we are fortunate to interact with seniors like you and others.....but i'm sure interacting with successful traders in person would be a different experience....
I have attended many such seminars in my early days....in my view one hardly learns anything in a 1-2 days seminar. Most of the time is spent in tea/lunch breaks and some useless arguments and Q & A. Also 99 % of the attendees are new aspiring traders...seasoned traders dont attend such seminars.It is a total waste of time for learning trading.

Interacting with good traders in person is definately a different experience.But successful traders will accept you in their group only when they know that you too are successful and have something to bring to the table ( in terms of ideas,experience etc) .....never ask a good trader how he trades or to share his method as he immediately will get put off with this question.....slowly he will share enough hints/ideas which will be useful to you.

Smart_trade