General Trading Chat

msa5678

Capital for the trade:

INFY : 60000/-
TCS : 35000/-
Total: 95000/-

profit from trade: 25800/-

Thats approx 27% return on capital employed in less than 3 months i.e 9% a month. Now this return because i exited blind without seeing if the pair has reached its mean.
At EOD today Infy was at 2000 and tcs at 2510. So there is more money than what i left back on the table.

Traders who working charts all day long are struggling to make 9% every month. The nice thing about this is that I dont have to watch price every day. No updating stops etc.

Hi Riskyman,

How are your pairtrades doing ? I was thinking of doing pairtrade using options instead of Futures. Pls advise on the pros and cons of the same.

Regards

BNF also 18600 , I knew it I knew it :lol:
Wonderful, worked in no time. :clap: :clap:

Arey ab toh tum bhi prediction dene mein expert ho gaye ho
Carry on, keep posting. :)

BTW, aaj ke bhi kuchh target levels subah post kar dena, Sab ka bhalaa ho jaayega.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Wonderful, worked in no time. :clap: :clap:

Arey ab toh tum bhi prediction dene mein expert ho gaye ho
Carry on, keep posting. :)

BTW, aaj ke bhi kuchh target levels subah post kar dena, Sab ka bhalaa ho jaayega.
you have not understood my two consecutive posts clearly :cool:
first was banknifty crossed 18600
then "after sometime " second was BNF crossed 18600 .
jab spot ne 18600 cross kar diya , to future ne bhi karna hi tha , thats why I posted I knew it :rofl:

Hi Riskyman,

How are your pairtrades doing ? I was thinking of doing pairtrade using options instead of Futures. Pls advise on the pros and cons of the same.

Regards
There are some advantages of using options. If the pair your choose is low in volatility like nifty vs hdfc or so, you can go for options. Also, if you're making a pair trade when there is 5-6 days for expiry then options is better as you wont be losing much premium and your risk reduces. During the start of the month it is better to trade one leg in futures and other in options. So you can reduce risk considerably though u lose some premium. For shorting use futures and for long use options. Because futures trade at around 1% premium to cash.

msa5678

There are some advantages of using options. If the pair your choose is low in volatility like nifty vs hdfc or so, you can go for options. Also, if you're making a pair trade when there is 5-6 days for expiry then options is better as you wont be losing much premium and your risk reduces. During the start of the month it is better to trade one leg in futures and other in options. So you can reduce risk considerably though u lose some premium. For shorting use futures and for long use options. Because futures trade at around 1% premium to cash.
That is a brilliant idea. By shorting the options you will be able to cash in on the premium decay also. Kindly quote one example on this.

VJAY

ST Sir, Vijay Bro..

Please check if I have understood the sideways action correctly ? PLease check if the interpretation of Case 2 and Case 3 are correct.

For case 3 I think this is what Vijay bro suggested as forced VPL, as at that time the range was not cleared and I forced that as a VPL since I was acting on the pivots with in the range. Even ST sir confirmed not to do this..

Its basic of visual pivots..I use some more VP's in my trades ... will post it in weekend

Last edited:
you have not understood my two consecutive posts clearly :cool:
first was banknifty crossed 18600
then "after sometime " second was BNF crossed 18600 .
jab spot ne 18600 cross kar diya , to future ne bhi karna hi tha , thats why I posted I knew it :rofl:
Ha ha
So, you successfully created a confusion using BN and BNF indices :lol:

Everything seems to have open = high
This position of open = high may not remain for long.

On the other hand, I am thinking of, when high breakega.
Will it be trap for bulls. May be. Who knows.
I am no good in judging bearish moves/trends.

Any further comment(s) on market behaviour.