General Trading Chat

lemondew

Something which I did for something else

This has many gap down days but not all and 5 times out of 12 here it has closed above open. This is between mar 14 and mar 15.

PS: I have not traced all gap downs.

Last edited:
Not 50 % times but I am wrong 30-35 % times ....
Smart_trade
Well I guess our super, most what ever trader ever has done super duper predicting always wright predictors in the forum and only doing fire works super trades are not very happy with such a clear post.

This forum and this thread is for sharing views, ideas,experiences etc so people are sharing the same here.

"Good Profit" is a relative term.Someone making his living on trading can be considered as successful trader making good profit for him. For someone starting new 30 % profit in a year may be a good profit...for someone even 70 % may not be a good profit....

There is no guarantee that the knowledge/methods etc will make a successful trader and all the people with knowledge are successful traders but the corollary that all people without knowledge are successful traders is also not true. It is like saying Dhirubhai Ambani was just 10th pass with no graduation and professional education but he was successful in business so why take education ? Are all 10th pass guys successful ? This is a typical argument of all uneducated people.With this logic people should stop sending their sons/daughters for higher studies to become engineers,doctors,lawyers,Chartered Accountants.....percentage of successful people in professionally educated like engineers,CAs,doctors,lawyers is definately more than % of successful uneducated people.

My view is trading needs knowledge, whether you acquire it by reading books,by reading about the economy,by reading posts in the forums ,learning to read and interpret charts,or learning yourself on the job is left to the individual trader but knowledge alone is not sufficient.Apart from knowledge, things like discipline,MM,mindset....many things are required. Traders acquire these things by making mistakes, learning and experience.

But even considering that your logic is valid ,do you have a better way of making good profits? If so please share it here for benefit of mankind.

Good luck for your 10 years journey on the path of learning.

Smart_trade
Thanks for detail reply. My post was not much told that what I want, so I agree with you and I share my view because this forum for sharing.

I agree with you that Profit may vary from negative to positive any number.

I joined the forum reading some thread since few weeks, I agree that education is must for each and every work , some will get university education and some will get from work experience. For example, I know one person in my town , he started working labour in building construction, become mason soon, and now running a construction business (and architect) without having any engineering degree , may be he got few years school education as he know to read / write Hindi.

Now I come to my point, if some one want to choose any work, like engineering, doctor , CA, business etc, He/she should select once (Example Engineering), and educate himself in one type of engineering like mechanical/ Civil etc work. Some one should not study all different engineering like Civil, electronics, chemical etc and medical together or trying also business in between or any other work.

Trading is different, the initial period is difficult, no one knows which system will work for himself, so lets try and study as you said , but when you knows (or discover system), you should only work and read and practice the one or two system, only very genius will work on many system.

For example, one of my friend trading in Nifty F & O, he is following all the indicators , option data etc., he told me on 18 June that Nifty will crash because the Open Interest of 8200 to 8400 increased, and he sold every rally but he also told me that chart showing strong , may be Nifty will rally more, so he bought also but due to other indicator he sold early, he always call me and looks like confused due to following many system. He addicted all different system and always looking some better system.

Thanks for considering that my logic is valid , So I am sharing above for benefit of mankind.

SwagatN

Posting today's nifty Futures 3 min chart with swings marked.

Smart_trade
SmartTrade Sir,

I am getting confused in between the last VPH-VPL marking by you in the range of 8334 - 8312. As per the pratap sir's definition - I understand the VPH, as the minor trend has entered in to a minor sideways. But the range of this sideways should be marked as VPL only after the sideways resume in the previous trend direction means on upside. But price is still closing in side this minor sideways as previous VPH is not taken out.. So is the last VPL marking correct ?

Or is it because after the range low we have got a higher mpl for which we have marked the range lo as VPL ??

XRAY27

I'm just repeating this post for the benefit of this thread..

How to look time and volume factor (in Gap/s i do follow this)??

Volume test and time factor are two essential factors to be noted in case of GAPs to find reversal..this is my observation and working, so sharing this in the forum

My order was not get filled in total..nifty moved :annoyed::mad:

SmartTrade Sir,

I am getting confused in between the last VPH-VPL marking by you in the range of 8334 - 8312. As per the pratap sir's definition - I understand the VPH, as the minor trend has entered in to a minor sideways. But the range of this sideways should be marked as VPL only after the sideways resume in the previous trend direction means on upside. But price is still closing in side this minor sideways as previous VPH is not taken out.. So is the last VPL marking correct ?

Or is it because after the range low we have got a higher mpl for which we have marked the range lo as VPL ??
Last VPH/VPL marked on my chart are correct. If you find it confusing, then go for the clear pivots and dont get into confusion at this stage. Even in minor sideways, VPH/VPL are made and marked.These VPH/VPLs marked are on clear defination which Pratap shared in this thread.If still not clear,I will try to clarify with each point marked with numbers on the chart...but I suggest you start posting your charts with marking and things will become clear to you.

Smart_trade

Last edited:
is it possible to trade futures and options based on eod charts..?? i'm working in a bank and want to know whether office goers like me have a chance in derivatives or not..???

is it possible to trade futures and options based on eod charts..?? i'm working in a bank and want to know whether office goers like me have a chance in derivatives or not..???
If you are not in front of the trading terminal during the day, trading futures and options selling will be dangerous. You can do options buying based on daily trends in a small way.

Smart_trade