Free stock charting software

seri

pl. help me

I have download stratasearch software.but it only works for us and canada stocks. how can it be used for indian stocks. kindly help me . thanks in advance.

hi all friends, 2/3/07
i have joined today and say hello to all of you.
i am new too trading and investing. i want to be a good daytrader. i have already downloaded the software FC charts and tried to use it after following instructions given by pgd. but somehow it is not working. i have imported nsetickers.csv into it. then i tried to download data for RELIANCE only. but after that also i can't see the chart. it says not EOD data for RELIANCE.

could anyone throw a little more light on it.

Nick

Hi purvija99,

Have you tried the above technical analysis program? This program includes free data for Indian Stocks.
I m using this software regularily. and able to download data from yahoo for NSE or BSE on daily basis or for desired period. My big thanks to them. The paid one is very extensive with indicators and scanning, as i m rarely use these so i m happy with free version.
To download dat you first have to create stock list with yahoo symbols in excell sheetd and then import it in program. I donot use all stocks and only top trading stocks so my list is not complete or exhaustive. If any one want may please email to [email protected]
Yours
well wisher

GRORICH

Re: FCharts setup with HISTORICAL & EOD data

. The program has good help files and a good discussion forum on the Spacejock site. One can also write to the program developer, Simon Haynes who is a very nice and helpful man. His email address is: [email protected]

Hope all this makes a lot of people happy.
Use at your risk.

Cheers.
pgd
Dear PGD ,
You have very beautifully explained as to how to import data into FCharts. Thanks a lot for your kind efforts. One help please. In Fcharts , I dont see\ get the RSI line , even though , I set up the RSI to the desired levels in the settings tab . Am I missing something or it is a software problem ?

Thanking you, in advance.

Mohan

dear pdg
hi i was going thru ur msg reg. setting up fchart could u please advice how to attatch file nsetickers.txt to fchartfolder and re name it. i have just downloaded fchart but i am helpless now pls help??????

if u have any idea for any new good free software for charting.

regds/tinchu76

You may want to check out Investar Basic 2007. It's available as a Free Download now (http://www.investarindia.com). I particularly like the ability to save Chart Settings in Templates. It saves a lot of time. Also, it has some other advanced time saving features like Slide Show Mode and Browsing Mode. These modes are very useful when I want to quickly go through a lot of Charts while doing some other work. Another good thing is that BSE & NSE Data gets automatically updated after 6:30 pm IST, no manual update or bhavcopy entry needed.

iwy

Hello!
You can also consider the software on www.amplesight.com
I've dowliaded it about a week ago. It's free, and not a trial version. There are charting tools, stock manager, alerts and other features in it. I've never even came across some of them before, for example, a tool, which shows correlation between stocks or indices.
What made me little uncomfortable is that its data provider is DTN IqFeed. I had to use my end-of-day data.
Hope this will be helpful information.