Free RealTime Data NOW Nest ODIN Trade Tiger Google Yahoo to AmiBroker, Fcharts MS

Status
Not open for further replies.
RTNOW excel to amibroker: Trading symbols changed in odd way

I do not understand what you are doing. If you want help, you will have to state clearly.
Dear Sir, First I must say my heartfelt THANKS to Josh for such a selfless service he has been doing here with his great talent, sweet humour and infinite patience to help the small traders like us. He deserves all the praise and thankfulness from our side. He has not only helped us getting the real time data and thus helped us save a few thousands (which is normally charged by data provides to give data from nse equity and future and mcx etc) but also has give us the power to be self reliant in data matter. It hardly needs to be mentioned that how immensely important it is for a trader to get the proper data (real time data in particular).
Initially I had faced a lot of problem in using this cute softy: RTG utility (RTNOW in its present avatar). But after watching videos and detailed instructions and helpful inputs by some other traders too, I was able to use that flawlessly without any problem, getting real time data from NOW to amibroker. But there was a problem of merging each symbol from say: BHEL-Eq to BHEl, which I had as I have been maintaining my database for many years with that great software Data Downloader.
Today I came across this RTNOW thread and downloaded these files and set my database anew. Of course it helped me get the Volume data. That is a great boon.

But I am facing a very strange problem.. when I pasted the selected (link to excel from NOW) scrips in the RTD sheet of RTNOW.xlsm, it did copied the files automatically to NOW sheet but somehow changed the scrips's Trading symbol in odd way. Some scrips like Petronet-EQ, YESBANK-EQ, TATAPOWER-EQ, BHEL-EQ have remained as it is.. without change, while others like TATAMOTORS-EQ, JPASSOCIAT-EQ etc have changed with F1 suffix. (I have attached pics screenshots)

1. As I had read the discussion bewtween JOSH and Smarttrader, this change is happening to create similarity between existing Trading Symbols in excel and used symbols in amibroker. But programmatically it should have changed ALL the scrips' trading symbol, why this selective?
2. Isnt it better that for equity/cash Trading symbol should be changed just by removing EQ .. like from TATAMOTORS-EQ to just TATAMOTORS as this is the symbol used by DATADOWLOADER.
FOr Equity future, it should be changed to TATAMOTORS-1 instead of TATAMOTORS-F1.

If I want to make necessary changes to achieve this, where should I do it? I will feel obliged to get any help. Thanking you. Manu Adam.

josh1

Re: RTNOW excel to amibroker: Trading symbols changed in odd way

But I am facing a very strange problem.. when I pasted the selected (link to excel from NOW) scrips in the RTD sheet of RTNOW.xlsm, it did copied the files automatically to NOW sheet but somehow changed the scrips's Trading symbol in odd way. Some scrips like Petronet-EQ, YESBANK-EQ, TATAPOWER-EQ, BHEL-EQ have remained as it is.. without change, while others like TATAMOTORS-EQ, JPASSOCIAT-EQ etc have changed with F1 suffix.
If I want to make necessary changes to achieve this, where should I do it? I will feel obliged to get any help. Thanking you. Manu Adam.
Do the linking in RTD sheet. 'NOW' Sheet contains sample formulae in column A. You will have to study the formaulae and apply in whichever manner you like. Otherwise you may simply type '=rtd!A7' in cell A7 and copy it down. See the first page of this thread for further info

Re: Free RealTime Data NOW Nest ODIN Trade Tiger Google Yahoo to AmiBroker, Fcharts M

Thanks a lot for a quick and prompt reply. Now I understand the source of error and why I got that error. I just need a little more help here. As I understand from your explanation:
We need to put a proper formula in the cells for the first column in Now sheet of RTNOW.
Say in top cell: I can put either
=RTD!A7 (to copy the cell as it is) or
=F7&"_F1" ( to copy the cell and add a prefix like from IDFC-EQ to IDFC_F1 ) or
I can put a conditional statement there :
=IF(RTD!A7<>"",IF(RIGHT(RTD!A7,3)="FUT",RTD!F8&"_F1",IF(RIGHT(RTD!A7,3)="-EQ",RTD!F7,RTD!A7)),"") [as suggested by smart trader]
MY Queries:
1. If I just want to remove EQ , what should I put there? I mean if I want to change trading symbol from IDFc-EQ to IDFC
Perhaps I should use: =IF(RTD!A7<>"",IF(RIGHT(RTD!A7,3)="FUT",RTD!F7&"-I",IF(RIGHT(RTD!A7,3)="-EQ",RTD!F7,RTD!A7)),"") .. What is your suggestion sir?

2. if I want to add -I , should I use =F7&"-" to convert from IDFCfuture31oct... to IDFC-I (for fo scrips)
or should I use this: =IF(RTD!A7<>"",IF(RIGHT(RTD!A7,3)="FUT",RTD!F7&"-I",IF(RIGHT(RTD!A7,3)="-EQ",RTD!F7,RTD!A7)),"")

Thanks again & Regards

josh1

Re: Free RealTime Data NOW Nest ODIN Trade Tiger Google Yahoo to AmiBroker, Fcharts M

Thanks a lot for a quick and prompt reply. Now I understand the source of error and why I got that error. I just need a little more help here. As I understand from your explanation:
We need to put a proper formula in the cells for the first column in Now sheet of RTNOW.
=IF(RTD!A7<>"",IF(RIGHT(RTD!A7,3)="FUT",RTD!F8&"_F1",IF(RIGHT(RTD!A7,3)="-EQ",RTD!F7,RTD!A7)),"") [as suggested by smart trader]
MY Queries:
1. If I just want to remove EQ , what should I put there? I mean if I want to change trading symbol from IDFc-EQ to IDFC
Perhaps I should use: =IF(RTD!A7<>"",IF(RIGHT(RTD!A7,3)="FUT",RTD!F7&"-I",IF(RIGHT(RTD!A7,3)="-EQ",RTD!F7,RTD!A7)),"") .. What is your suggestion sir?

2. if I want to add -I , should I use =F7&"-" to convert from IDFCfuture31oct... to IDFC-I (for fo scrips)
or should I use this: =IF(RTD!A7<>"",IF(RIGHT(RTD!A7,3)="FUT",RTD!F7&"-I",IF(RIGHT(RTD!A7,3)="-EQ",RTD!F7,RTD!A7)),"")

Thanks again & Regards
Write all these statements one after the other and see for yourself. You have to jump in water to learn swimming.

Hello, Thanks. Yes, that is the right way to do things. I tried and did this. Now everything is running smoothly.
I have seen that your amazingly efficient utlity RTnow is functioning with most of the brokers' terminals - with only exception of PIB. Maybe because PIB doesnt provide that "Link to excel" or "Snap to excel" facility. But PIB has intraday excel files onits own without asking for that.
PIB automatically saves intraday data tick by tick in different excel csv files in its data folder. Files names are like this: FUTCOM-SILVERMIC-30NOV2013_MCX113922.csv. And data is saved this way:
20131022.1 48989 1
20131022.1 48984 5
20131022.1 49010 3
20131022.1 48989 3
20131022.1 48950 9
Date : Last Traded Price : Volume.
But data in PIB is scattered over different csv file with respective stock symbol and the closing price is spanned over multiple rows tick by tick instead of a Single row with updating tick.
For RTnow purpose if we could fetch these data from different csv files in our Rtnow sheet with just one row for each symbol and updating closing price, it will solve our purpose to send that data to Amibroker. But that can be done only by someone with great Excel expertise. Someone like you, sir. But there is a possibility to get realtime data into Amibroker from Power IndiaBulls (PIB) like you did from Odin or TradeTiger or Now. That would be very helpful to PIB users.

Vertigo_1985

what changes have to be done to get open price in amibroker after premarket as when session opens the prices are missed due to volatility ?

HI

I was successfully able to get data using the utility :clap:
For traders like us you are not less then Linus Torvalds

Last edited:

_Rajesh_

:clapping:Thanks Josh for the utility. Working perfectly on Zerodha Trader.

MY Queries:

Thanks again & Regards

mere hisab se agar trading symbol ki jagah symbol hi use karenge to koi fark nahi padega aur symbol ki jagah trading symbol

SYMBOL LTL LTP VOLUME OPEN INTEREST TRADING SYMBOL

Abhishek

josh1

what changes have to be done to get open price in amibroker after premarket as when session opens the prices are missed due to volatility ?
Change open Time to 9:14:56 or 57. Try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.