Free RealTime Data NOW Nest ODIN Trade Tiger Google Yahoo to AmiBroker, Fcharts MS

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh1

Re: Free RealTime Data NOW Nest ODIN Trade Tiger Google Yahoo to AmiBroker, Fcharts M

Hello josh1

Because we only take data every second at min, there can be RTD updates that are missed. So the chart does not tally exactly as zerodha's chart

I tried to search for an event that we can use to update Amibroker on every RTD update.

Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
Application.EnableEvents = False
Timer
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

I put this in RTD Sheet + set the excel throtte variable to 0 and removed the recursive call in Timer.

Excel works ok. I think every RTD update is processed by excel.

But two problems
1. Now we can have more than 1 record for every second but update time resolution is 1 second. I dont know how Amibroker processes this. It looks like it might just overwrite the old price which is bad. Volume also will get messed up then.

So i tried to use $TICKMODE 1 but i couldnt make it work. Amibroker started updating bars very slowly - maybe 3-4 times a minute

2. Every time i close excel, ZT crashes. RTD server of ZT is very buggy.

What do you think? Anyway you know to fix these 2?
Fow now i am reverting to original with throttle removed.

thanks
Timer subroutine creates a MyCSVNest.txt file every time it is run. Old file is overwritten. If you want all quotes, open it for appending.
Find this line. in MakeCSV subroutine - Set a = fs.Createtextfile(FileName, True)

Change it to ---- Set a = fs.Opentextfile(FileName,ForAppending,True,TristateFalse)

Check it. Syntax is here http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa265347(v=vs.60).aspx

I cannot do anything about ZT
Better solution will be to create 1 min. bars as O,H,L,C,V,OI on first sheet (Nest) and call Timer every second.
I have not done it since 3 sec. interval is sufficient for me.

Last edited:

TracerBullet

Re: Free RealTime Data NOW Nest ODIN Trade Tiger Google Yahoo to AmiBroker, Fcharts M

Yes ill try to setup 1 min O/H/L/C. Was hoping to just pass data to amibroker but could not make "$TICKMODE 1" import option work.
1/2/3 second refresh is ok for me too but the data is a little inaccurate because of missed updates.

ZT crash i just asked in case you knew any easy workaround as i only modified very few lines. It happens rarely with original excel.

josh1

Yes ill try to setup 1 min O/H/L/C. Was hoping to just pass data to amibroker but could not make "$TICKMODE 1" import option work.
1/2/3 second refresh is ok for me too but the data is a little inaccurate because of missed updates.

ZT crash i just asked in case you knew any easy workaround as i only modified very few lines. It happens rarely with original excel.
Change time format to HH:mm.
1. LTP =C = O =H =L.
2.Thereafter, If C>H, H=C. if C<L, L=C.
3.After 1 min, go to step 1.
If you do not mind, share the code when done.

TracerBullet

Change time format to HH:mm.
1. LTP =C = O =H =L.
2.Thereafter, If C>H, H=C. if C<L, L=C.
3.After 1 min, go to step 1.
If you do not mind, share the code when done.
I could not fix ZT crashes when i use the calculate event. Every time i close excel, ZT crashes. So i stopped modifying excel for now. If i manage to do it , ofc ill post it here.

Instead i m thinking of writing RTD client in c++ when i get time.
Maybe ZT crashes because its still trying to call callback and has segfault. I am hoping that closing the data stream and disconncting server before app close may avoid crash.

I have no knowledge of com/ole/windows development but i found some scattered docs and the NEST Com interface so hopefully some weekends should be enuff.

josh1

hi traders,
i get live feed to amibroker. through trade tiger. i close the snap.xls file
which file i open to get real time feed . i am confused little bit whcih file i have to open. after logged in to trade tiger shall we click snap to excel again or open the saved snap.xls file. i opened snap.xls file after logged into trade tiger but rates are not updating in snap.xls file whch i opened saved snap.xls file.now every time i need to connect snap.xls to rttiger.xlsm by giving excel path. what i am doing wrong?

xsis

since its possible to run more than 1 instance of amibroker on same machine, can ur utility be also used to run 2 or more databases?

i use TT of sharekhan!

i mean 2 or more watchlist/mktwatch open with different snap to excel and RTDATA.xls file (having different database paths)

I assume you have used the utility, but which one?
I am not using DDE technique as it is cumbersome and discarded by Microsoft.

Fetching in Ami is possibleonly if MT4 can give real time prices in Excel.
I have used your Trade Tiger to Ami utility. In mt4 dde file is available and data feeding automatically. So in excle we are getting real time without delay. You can download mt4 of this co-http://www.armadamarkets.com/. and there you find dde sample which is showing real time download to excle. But now challenge for me is to get it to my ami broker and backfill there available. Till now I dont found who convert this. If you are able I think you be first person to be of this type of utility creator.

josh1

since its possible to run more than 1 instance of amibroker on same machine, can ur utility be also used to run 2 or more databases?

i use TT of sharekhan!

i mean 2 or more watchlist/mktwatch open with different snap to excel and RTDATA.xls file (having different database paths)
Why don't you try it yourself..? Backup both databases before your trial.
Let me know the outcome... :)

josh1

I have used your Trade Tiger to Ami utility. In mt4 dde file is available and data feeding automatically. So in excle we are getting real time without delay. You can download mt4 of this co-http://www.armadamarkets.com/. and there you find dde sample which is showing real time download to excle. But now challenge for me is to get it to my ami broker and backfill there available. Till now I dont found who convert this. If you are able I think you be first person to be of this type of utility creator.
You passed the first challenge of getting data to excel?
In that case ..
1. Getting data to Amibroker - Damn easy.. Get the data in same RTTiger sheet exactly as per column names and Click on Start RTdata.

2. Backfill -- Find out if MT4 outputs past data in CSV or Text format. If it does, import one scrip with wizard once and create format file. Next time you can import multiple scrips with ASCII import.

Status
Not open for further replies.