Free NSE EOD & historical data downloader..attached

@Hemen

Your tool is great in downloading bhavcopies but they are obviously not adjusted for splits, bonus, and right issues and hence would give erroroneous results when charted. Any solution for that.
Yes I know this is a limitation of the tool but it is difficult to update the database of metastock from getbhavcopy (because I dont know how to do that, If any one knows ..tell me)

For the time being you cah use this workaround.

Assume that you are doing technical analysis of say TCS (my company :) ) and you notice that there is a disconnect in the pattern. This indicates that either the stock has split of it declared a bonus.

1. First read http://hemenkapadia.somee.com/getbhavcopy/html/help3.asp to know what data you would require for adjusting the stock for split and bonus and how to do that.

2. Then to find the complete details of the company action go to

http://www.nse-india.com/content/corporate/corpinfo.htm

3. Enter the company symbol i.e TCS in the text field and select "Corporate Actions" radio button.

4. Click search.

5. Note the details and with the procedure explained on the page mentioned in step 1 you can adjust the data for split and bonus.

Regards,
Hemen.

Hi,

Thanks for using Bhavcopy. I did try downloading the data and I am not having any such issue. Do you get any error message ?

Regards,
Hemen.

Hi Hemen,
Yes i do get a message, i'll post the message below:

JIT Debugging **************
To enable just in time (JIT) debugging, the config file for this
application or machine (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the machine
rather than being handled by this dialog.

Actually 10 days before my machine got crashed and i had to install a new OS. My service provider installed Vista for me. Right from that day i was not able to download the NSE indices data. I have no problem with the NSE stocks. See if you can help me out in this issue.
-timelesstrader.
-Ram.

Hemen,
I have been using GetBhavCopy to download NSE data for some time now. and it is a wonderful utility that you have created. I have 2 bits of information to ask you:
1. Data for some stocks is loaded in wrong fashion consistently. e.g. Pantaloon retail, SBI..Are you aware of any reason for this? (There are some days when it loads data properly, but some days, it just loads same values for OHLC and usually those values are way off the real values)
2. Futures and options data - Can you include futures and options data download in your utility as well. To over come the problem of changing expiry, you can use convention of near month, far month. e.g. Today (30-May-2007), Nifty future expiring on 31-May-2007 can have a symbol of "Nifty-Near month", and Jun expiring future can be called as "Nifty-far month". Come June, June future can be called "Nifty-Near month" and July future can be called as "Nifty-far month"..(Pl. let me know if i hv confused you with this and I can explain more)
3. You are currently downloading traded quantity in volume. Would it not be better to download value (Rs. Lakhs) in the volume colummn..

Regards

Hi timelesstrader,

I dont think there is an issue with Getbhavcopy. Something is wrong with your system after the OS upgrade/change. I can suggest you to install .NET runtime environment. The link is available on my site http://hemenkapadia.somee.com in the Getbhavcopy download section.

I am not sure but Vista is a totally crap OS....if possible turn to XP. Much better.

Regards,
Hemen.

hi mtrader,

1. Good observation. This is because NSE is putting multiple rows in the bhavcopy file these days, which are unnecessary. Since i get the file directly from NSE this is causing the issue. Probabaly I will have to introduce some sort of parser to extract usefule info from the file.....and discard the rest

2. This is what i want to do for the nest version. Will definatlry contact you for the logic...I dont understand futures :-(

3. Well sad that NSE does not provide such data.

Not coming to the main point..I am a bit far from my dev system....My system is in Mumbai and I am in california...dont know when i will return...Currently trying to setup the development environment on my laptop but it has vista which SUCKS big time....So first challange is to get the development environment setup and running...Should take about a week considering my office workload......

Regards,
Hemen.

Hi timelesstrader,

I dont think there is an issue with Getbhavcopy. Something is wrong with your system after the OS upgrade/change. I can suggest you to install .NET runtime environment. The link is available on my site http://hemenkapadia.somee.com in the Getbhavcopy download section.

I am not sure but Vista is a totally crap OS....if possible turn to XP. Much better.

Regards,
Hemen.
HI Hemen,
I tried the XP too, still dosen't work. I think they have made some changes in the NSE servers. Are you able to download the indices quotes?
-timelesstrader.

HI Hemen,
I tried the XP too, still dosen't work. I think they have made some changes in the NSE servers. Are you able to download the indices quotes?
-timelesstrader.
Hi,

Yes I am able to download the Quotes and Indices as well, and to top that up..on Vista.

I think there us some setting in you system that is causing this issue.

Request you to please download and reisntall .Net framework. The link is at http://hemenkapadia.somee.com/getbhavcopy/html/download.asp

hi
its great utility. very much tnx to u.
can it possible to fetch intraday data from it?
can we plug in with meta stock to fetch intraday data?
anyway, once again tnx for great soft.

Hi ktbharat,

Thanks for the appreciation and for using Getbhavcopy. Well it is a free EOD data downloader. AS of now it cannot download intraday tick by tick data.

Regards,
Hemen

Hi,

Yes I am able to download the Quotes and Indices as well, and to top that up..on Vista.

I think there us some setting in you system that is causing this issue.

Request you to please download and reisntall .Net framework. The link is at http://hemenkapadia.somee.com/getbhavcopy/html/download.asp

Sir,
I am Mani, I could download bhavcopy from NSE, But these report could not find NSE index, and Bank index, etc., Please help me how to download it including Bhavcopy.
Thanks.
Mani.