Free NSE EOD & historical data downloader..attached

Hi Hemen,
I have been using GetBhavCopy to download EOD NSE data for more than a month now and a big fan of this simple software. It works very well with MetaStock.
I issue I am facing though is as below:
the software downloads all of Nifty and Junior Nifty stocks data..so in MetaStock all the smart charts are available in 1 folder only..now if i want to study say only 20 of those stocks, it becomes labourious to scan thro' 700+ stocks to point the stock you are interested in and open the chart in MetaStock..Is there a way in MetaStock to organize the smart charts..lets say ..the MSSmart folder contain 700 stocks but I group all stocks of my interest in 1 group and now i can open all those stocks easily...

Regards

Hi,
I am looking for futures data for Nifty and stocks..Is there data available that converts individual contracts into what is known as "continuous futures contract". "Continuous futures contract" basically builds a weighted average price of 2 most actively traded contracts to give a hypothetical continuous contract. this avoids the problem of price variation near expiry for long term charting on Futures. What have you guys been using for Futures analysis on a longer term basis (as contracts expire every 3 months, how do you switch to new contract, and when)?

Hi Hemen,
I have been using GetBhavCopy to download EOD NSE data for more than a month now and a big fan of this simple software. It works very well with MetaStock.
I issue I am facing though is as below:
the software downloads all of Nifty and Junior Nifty stocks data..so in MetaStock all the smart charts are available in 1 folder only..now if i want to study say only 20 of those stocks, it becomes labourious to scan thro' 700+ stocks to point the stock you are interested in and open the chart in MetaStock..Is there a way in MetaStock to organize the smart charts..lets say ..the MSSmart folder contain 700 stocks but I group all stocks of my interest in 1 group and now i can open all those stocks easily...

Regards
Hi,

Well this looks like much more of a metastock question rather than a bhavcopy question. I am not much aware of how this can be done. Try posting on the Metastock forum though and i believe you will get a reply.

Regards,
Hemen.

Get FREE NSE Equity with Open Interest, NSE Future, NSE Call Put & BSE Equity End of the Day data.
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/NSEBSE_EOD/
@EquityOnSms

Wanted to inform you regarding the problem in downloading eod data from google group that u have formed. When one tries to download old data like OLD_Data_NSE_A_D.zip, the download terminates after downloading just 500-600 kb. So, its not possible to get the data from google group.

Also, I wanted to know is the data adjusted for splits, bonus, right issue.

@Hemen

Your tool is great in downloading bhavcopies but they are obviously not adjusted for splits, bonus, and right issues and hence would give erroroneous results when charted. Any solution for that.

HI Hemen,
I have been using your GetBhavcopy downloader to download data, and it has been very useful to me. But all of a sudden for the past 10 days i am not able to download the indices data which comes along with the downloaded data. Only the stock rates are downloaded. This has been happening from the 16th. of this month. Can you please look into it as i need the indices data, mostly nifty.
Thank you
-Timelesstrader:cool:

HI Hemen,
I have been using your GetBhavcopy downloader to download data, and it has been very useful to me. But all of a sudden for the past 10 days i am not able to download the indices data which comes along with the downloaded data. Only the stock rates are downloaded. This has been happening from the 16th. of this month. Can you please look into it as i need the indices data, mostly nifty.
Thank you
-Timelesstrader:cool:
Hi,

Thanks for using Bhavcopy. I did try downloading the data and I am not having any such issue. Do you get any error message ?

Regards,
Hemen.

@EquityOnSms

Wanted to inform you regarding the problem in downloading eod data from google group that u have formed. When one tries to download old data like OLD_Data_NSE_A_D.zip, the download terminates after downloading just 500-600 kb. So, its not possible to get the data from google group.

Also, I wanted to know is the data adjusted for splits, bonus, right issue.
This post is not relevent to Getbhavcopy.

Regards,
Hemen.