Free New Amibroker Data updater for NSE & BSE

Can anyone please list steps that i need to fully setup the amibroker database for EOD (atleast 1 yr ) & intraday feeds using any of the 3 programmes --- Yahoo EOD downloader or getbhavcopy or the above Indian inch Updater software. I tried it after reading some articles about how to setup but all my attempts resulted at best in a messy database with no sectors, no proper charts, symbols......etc. I want to to clean that up & start afresh...... any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Can anyone please list steps that i need to fully setup the amibroker database for EOD (atleast 1 yr ) & intraday feeds using any of the 3 programmes --- Yahoo EOD downloader or getbhavcopy or the above Indian inch Updater software. I tried it after reading some articles about how to setup but all my attempts resulted at best in a messy database with no sectors, no proper charts, symbols......etc. I want to to clean that up & start afresh...... any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
try running this tool, at pg 1. Block download all the data as required, but i will suggest dnlding a month at a go, not more. any problem, post in this thread
reg
ashutosh

Dear ashutosh

Thanks for the really useful and fantastic tool. it has solved my big problem of updating amibroker. plese tell me is it possible to change the tool little to update the fibotrader also.

regards

Dear Ashutosh,
I am facing a problem while downloading the data.
I have successfully downloaded NSE data range from 02/01/10995 to 31/12/1999 at one go.
But when I am trying to do the same with the range 02/01/2000 till 31/12/2002, I am getting the error message 'Index was outside the bounds of the array'.

I am now on XP with SP2.

Can you have a look?

murthymsr

gud idea
So I am changing my priority
1: Incorporate Indices
2: Yahoo/google, logged and unlogged data updates..
2: Automatic updating
3: Finding last quote data and then automatically update it
4: Realtime updates from odin, pib etc..(It will take a lot of time)
As I am working as Section Engineer in Indian Railways, and this time of year is a really busy time with lots of deadlines so please bear with me. BTW there is a mistake in the earlier program. It is not working after 31/12/2009. In the new version i have corrected it. I will upload the new version after incorporating Item No (1).

views requested.
regards
ashutosh
Hi Ashutosh,

Thanks for the software and your continued support to users in incorporating the feature requests.

I have not used it so far, but will try and give you the feedback and may be some more feature requests. :D

I am happy to see 'Incorporate Indices' at the No. 1 position.

I hope you are including the indices of both NSE & BSE, including sectorial indices.

While adding indices, you may put it as an option to include indices only or stocks only or both. As each Index may have to be downloaded separately and added to the output, any problem with indices may effect the output for stocks also.

Further, those like me, who are interested in stocks and indices of NSE and the indices and the 'Sectorial' indices of BSE only will not make their AB database with about 3000 extra BSE stocks, thus makaing AB and the system slow.

The converse of BSE stocks and NSE Indices also may be true for some others.

Looking for the next version,

Thanks and regards.

murthymsr

Dear Ashutosh,
I am facing a problem while downloading the data.
I have successfully downloaded NSE data range from 02/01/10995 to 31/12/1999 at one go.
But when I am trying to do the same with the range 02/01/2000 till 31/12/2002, I am getting the error message 'Index was outside the bounds of the array'.

I am now on XP with SP2.

Can you have a look?
Addadutta, my whole program has been modified etc. etc, so i am unable to check the error. maybe you can try month at a time...., if it doesnot work then i will divert my attention to the old program
new program is almost ready.. will upload really soon.
regards
ashutosh