Which one is best for beginners:

• Amibroker

Votes: 204 44.5%
  • Fibotrader

Votes: 181 39.5%
  • FCharts

Votes: 73 15.9%

• Total voters
Well...i doubt that because after i uploaded data of a few stocks, the timestamp of file didnt change. also the file size didnt change.

The reason of trying to find out this is how to take backup of the uploaded quotes. I accidently clicked "optimize database" and lost all the uploaded data :annoyed:
NO Optimization does not delete all datas, it actually deletes unused datas, double datas ( for same symbol and for same date) etc. while keep saviing all other required data as it is.

Aaplana

When i clicked Optimization, I was facing the problem of redundant data. DOnno why i lost all my data:(

Is there a way to quickly upload NSE EoD data for 1 year(like substituting Quotes file) or it has to be done file by file all over again?

NO Optimization does not delete all datas, it actually deletes unused datas, double datas ( for same symbol and for same date) etc. while keep saviing all other required data as it is.

Aaplana

When i clicked Optimization, I was facing the problem of redundant data. DOnno why i lost all my data:(

Is there a way to quickly upload NSE EoD data for 1 year(like substituting Quotes file) or it has to be done file by file all over again?
Yes , fisrt put all the EOD file to be downloaded in a folder say ....\NSE_EOD
second, start quoteman for downloading data , when import ASCII windows opened dont go for single file like......\NSE_EOD\cm17APR2009bhav.csv , it will import only this file but instead write ......\NSE_EOD\*.csv
this way it will import all the files in ....\NSE_EOD folder.

Aaplana:thumb:

hiii friend is this fibotrader free?
can this be used for intraday trading...how can this be used after free service period is over..can anyone explain plzz

Hi,

I just started using Fibotrader, however it says its a 14 days trial version. So will I beable to use it after 14 days and if yes then which functionality will be disabled .

Will the automatic data upload using Quotetracker work after that.

Thanks,
Nitin