Fchart Formula

hi,

I am using Fchart pro can any one please help me in translating following metastock formula to fchart formula

shortperiods:=Input("Enter the shorter DEMA periods: ",3,20,12);
longperiods:=Input("Enter the longer DEMA periods: ",21,50,26);
signal:=Input("Enter the number of signal line periods: ",3,50,9);
Dema(C,shortperiods)-Dema(C,longperiods);
Mov(Dema(C,shortperiods)-Dema(C,longperiods),signal,E)

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Jwalant

hi,

I am using Fchart pro can any one please help me in translating following metastock formula to fchart formula

shortperiods:=Input("Enter the shorter DEMA periods: ",3,20,12);

InShort AND (more formula for the EMA condition)

longperiods:=Input("Enter the longer DEMA periods: ",21,50,26);

InLong AND (more formula for the EMA condition)

signal:=Input("Enter the number of signal line periods: ",3,50,9);
Dema(C,shortperiods)-Dema(C,longperiods);
Mov(Dema(C,shortperiods)-Dema(C,longperiods),signal,E)

I don't know Metastock code but the following Q. and A. from my Community Manual may help.

Q. I'm struggling to program the scanner 1 and 2, for the condition when the PSAR switches from a down trend to an uptrend - possible a buy signal and the reverse when it switches from uptrend to down trend PSAR - a sell signal. Does this look right:

condition 1 SAR[1] > close[1] and sar < close (this should trigger when SAR finishes a fall and switches to an uptrend)

condition 2 sar[1] < close[1] and sar > close (this should trigger with the opposite a switch from the end of the rise of SAR to the start of a fall. It sort of works, I wonder whether there should be some '=' in the condition going up and going down when it hits the price.)

A. Is the following what you are after?

1 inshort = true and inshort[1] = false
2. inlong = true and inlong[1] = false or vice versa.

OR ...

INLONG: Parabolic SAR is long (T/F)
INSHORT: Parabolic SAR is short (T/F) ... ... from the FCharts Help Manual.

Arms Index (TRIN).
Also know as the "TRIN" index The Arms Index formula can be applied to any index.

It is simply ....

(Advancing issues/Declining issues) / (Advancing volume/ Declining volume)

i.e. (Rising stocks / Falling stocks) / (Rising Volume / Falling Volume) ...

And, "Yes", it is done automatically. Right click on the Main chart, select Data, Enter the start and end dates and hit 'Re-calculate'. Then scroll down to the Arms index.

(Info supplied from the Community Manual.)

Would you like to explain what you want?

I understand that 'Inside Day' = NR1.

But NR4 is what? Another 'Inside Day' on the 4th previous candlestick, or ??

NR7 is compared to NR4 and NR1 is some way?

Googling for NR4, NR7 only gave me one site full of Metastock or Amibroker code that I do not know, so please use English for your reply rather than code language (unless it is FCharts code that I know quite well!).

hi,
Iam new to fchart .now i downloaded the free version of fchart .can u please explain me how to download intraday data files and where i will get the intraday data. where is the formula builder in fcharts and how to use it .

thank you
regards
bala

hi,
Iam new to fchart .now i downloaded the free version of fchart .can u please explain me how to download intraday data files and where i will get the intraday data. where is the formula builder in fcharts and how to use it .

thank you
regards
bala
You start with the 'official' information here ... http://www.spacejock.iinet.net.au/files/begin.php

More here ... http://www.spacejock.m6.net/commman/ (3.1 MB - only portion of the full document - about 12MB in total.)

No guarantee that the parts you want have been not edited out in the shortened version.