Fchart Formula

Xaero

Hello Xaero,
thanks for the formula. In the bollinger band thread you wrote
I just ran a formula in Fcharts to my holdings (10 stocks worth 1lakh. I hold reliance, airtel, bel, unitech etc). I've been holding it for the past 1 year and sitting on a 44% loss.

When I apply the formula Low less than BollLower (BUY) and High greater than BollUpper (SELL) turned that profits were 10 times the losses 7000vs 700, without shorting. With shorting it was profits = loss .

will you please discuss the formula mentioned above.I want to use this formula in scanner also
thanks in advance
RANJITSINGH66
The formula is the same one that I had mentioned earlier. The results are got from tradetester. I applied it to 10 stock in my portfolio between 2007 and now. Your results may vary depending on the stocks and the timeframe. If you apply it to stocks that have run up fast like RIIL then you will see higher profits and if you apply it to stocks that have collapsed like unitech you will see higher losses.

dear sir
i am using f charts free version. when i load the intraday values from pib into it the graph i get is displaced with the open prices in the end. a copy of the chart and the data imported from pib is enclosed. i would be happy if some one could point out the mistake i am making in using the chart thank you

i am making in using the chart thank you
The chart only shows bars up to 10:20 a.m.- NOT EOD. I can't remember off hand whether the free version has limited capacity for intraday importing.

Certainly the Pro version doesn't. (The free verwsion is only made available for evaluation purposes so that people can 'try before they buy'.)

this is what I have tried to program safezone indicator .somebody help me rectify it
udi1 :Low LESS than or equal to MA2, MA2 - low,0(to find when low<MA2 and find difference or else udi1=0)
udi2:sum UDI1,30(sum of udi1 for 30 days)
udi3:COUNT UDI1>0, 30(counts no. of times udi1>0 in last 30 days)
udi4:UDI2 DIVIDED BY UDI3
udi5:UDI4 * 2
udi6: LOW - UDI5(substract udi5 from last low)

I shall be grateful for any help as I am stuck with this problem for last 6 months.
thanks in anticipation
arun

Hi to everyone,

I am a beginner for FCharts SE, I use it for RealTime Intraday Charts, and i'm using TechBump's software for importing the Intraday data in ASCII, it worked for some day's but since 3/4 days I am not getting the realtime chart. I'v ckecked the Live feed of FCharts its functioning properly but the Charts are not displayed.

Can anyone Help please.

Hi to everyone,

I am a beginner for FCharts SE, I use it for RealTime Intraday Charts, and i'm using TechBump's software for importing the Intraday data in ASCII, it worked for some day's but since 3/4 days I am not getting the realtime chart. I'v ckecked the Live feed of FCharts its functioning properly but the Charts are not displayed.

Can anyone Help please.
Not being familiar with 'Techbump's Software', even after a web search, Can I suggest that you check the data for days that you can't import with those days that you can, looking for differences in the data format, or blank lines etc. that should not be there.

Not being familiar with 'Techbump's Software', even after a web search, Can I suggest that you check the data for days that you can't import with those days that you can, looking for differences in the data format, or blank lines etc. that should not be there.
hi feel-em-knee,

thanks for reply, sorry to quote Techbump's Software, its ChartsData software made by one of the member of this forum Techbump(Loganathan).

But can you tell me any method by which we can livefeed PIB data into FchartsSE(free edition).

dear sir
i am using f charts free version. when i load the intraday values from pib into it the graph i get is displaced with the open prices in the end. a copy of the chart and the data imported from pib is enclosed. i would be happy if some one could point out the mistake i am making in using the chart thank you
HI Ravilakshmi,

I m a beginner in FchartsSE, is it possible to get RealTime Charts by Importing LiveFeeds of PIB data, if So what's the method. Please Reply.
Thanks