Fake EOD data provider

I am an NRI. I have traded In US and Australian stocks and forex since last 4 years semi professionally. I migrated to India bout 5 month ago and wanted to trade Indian markets.

To get EOD data, I subscribed 3 month ago to Stoxedge www.stoxedge.com which charged Rs 3000 for it and never delivered the data. I communicated with them through e-mail/phone but no response. It seems they are running some scam business. I am currently looking for options avalable in India to take action against these kind of Internet frauds so that other people do not get cheated.

So my first experience with data providers in India was not good, so please recommend the EOD service which you have personally used

Kind regards
Uday

sreperu

Hi,
I am using Historical Yahoo Data Downloader to download the data. It asked for the symbol list file and I have given NSE symbol list to download the data. After this Its giving Errors while downloading.
Error message " No Data available for the symbol/range combination"

Do I have to give separate yahoo list of symbols to download the data? or any settings before to use this software.

Please let me know...

Thanks in advance!

Regards
sreeny

sreperu

Hi Uday,

If you want EOD data for NSE then you can try my software Getbhavcopy. I wont charge you anything, nothing for the software and nothing for the data. Secondly it is directly from NSE servers.

If you want to use is go to http://hemenkapadia.somee.com/getbhavcopy/html/default.asp
Hi hemanth,
I downloaded your GetBhaveCopy software. It will store the files in .txt format. Can you please guide me to use this data into Amibroker?

Regards!
Sreeny

Hi hemanth,
I downloaded your GetBhaveCopy software. It will store the files in .txt format. Can you please guide me to use this data into Amibroker?

Regards!
Sreeny
I do not have any experience with amibroker. If i am not mistaken then bhavcopy format is
symbol, date, open , high , low , close, volume, [open interest]

I am not exactly sure as i dont have access to my development system currently as i am not in India. I am setting up my system here.

If amibroker expects the output in some format then othet than this then you need to find some software that converts from metastock to amibroker format.

or if you tell me amibroker format may be i can help.

Regards,
Hemen.

I am an NRI. I have traded In US and Australian stocks and forex since last 4 years semi professionally. I migrated to India bout 5 month ago and wanted to trade Indian markets.

To get EOD data, I subscribed 3 month ago to Stoxedge www.stoxedge.com which charged Rs 3000 for it and never delivered the data. I communicated with them through e-mail/phone but no response. It seems they are running some scam business. I am currently looking for options avalable in India to take action against these kind of Internet frauds so that other people do not get cheated.

So my first experience with data providers in India was not good, so please recommend the EOD service which you have personally used

Kind regards
Uday
Hi Uday

I too am looking for a reliabel EOD data provider, Currently I have done a lot of research. I have loacated a vendor in Kolkata, they seem quite OK and the data is grouped and adjusted for splits and bonuses. I am in the process of signing up. Their web site is: www.stoxtrend.com Good luck I reside in Australia. Ian

Hi,
It sometimes takes time to get proper vendor of data and also to come to know of bse-nse2005 group. Prasanth and others are doing wonderful job for past many years. thanks for their efforts bse and nse data are available free of cost to all the members.
god bless all