"Expiry Underway" prevented placing order at ICICIDirect

LivetoTrade

That's the only site I know which provides free streaming quotes for NIFTY. I think Google provides something like that but its data, I am told, is not reliable, particularly the close prices. My broker ICICIDirect does have a Get Quote screen but one cannot get streaming quotes there, you have to keep on refreshing the screen manually.

I am curious to know whether there are other, more reliable source for live streaming quotes of NSE!

From your question, it seems you do have something in mind!;)
Don't you get streaming quotes even on their TradeRacer ?

Thanks LiveToTrade and Pakatil. That shows how much out of touch and rusty I have become, after my self-imposed exile from the market:D. I'll ask for Trade Racer rightaway.
Oh ...!! Good !!

Trade Racer , I heard of it today only ... :)

What kind of Brokerage are you paying at ICICI ? Is it with paisa rates or fixed brokerage or in percentage terms ?

mastermind007

I tried placing an order in NIFTY FUTURE Jan at around 3.28 PM today through ICICIDirect. Though the market was open, my order was not accepted and the message displayed was, "Expiry underway. Please try again later".

Earlier, I had a similar experience with ICICIDirect's FUTUREPLUS. My position was squared off by ICICI at 3.15 PM. I did not know - and could not find on its website FAQ - the time limit for holding intraday trade, which the FUTUREPLUS was.

Can someone tell me the time limit for initiating a new trade/squaring off an existing position during market hours? Was it only at ICICI or all brokers have the same restriction?

Thanks

subroto

Yes, Sharekhan also has it and is called MAXTRADE and is applicable for NSE CASH stocks. In SK, you have specifically select it and only then it gets activated otherwise, default is delivery mode. If you select this as a product type, your trade will be automatically squared off at 3:15pm. This will provide you with 10 times the margin.

Trade Smart Online too has a similar concept and where you have to type in a different code to declare your trade intent and it too will square off at 3:25 pm

TSO recently has started blocking ITM Options purchases on last day of expiry.