Experiments in Technical Analysis

A

amarnath

This post reminds me of the story of the king who imagined that he is wearing the best clothes in the world, but in reality was walking naked on the streets.

Its amazing how loosers keep shouting to draw attention...
And look at a WORKING SYSTEM if you have never seen one in your life:p and dont talk rubbish with useless experimentation MACD stuff all million looser have same macd and rsi :D and if you are one among them i am more than happy to hunt you down with positive edge

IMO experimentation in public = collaborative effort to LOOSE

Attachments

kkseal

Hi Rajaram

After a long time I really enjoyed reading your article(attached file) on Open Interest. I was searching for this information and had put a query also, but that seemed to go unnoticed. Your writeup has clarified a lot of things to me.
Members like you make this forum invaluable for us newbies

Pankaj :)
This one has been around for quite some time (actually had to hunt around a bit :))

http://www.traderji.com/68127-post49.html

Doesn't add to Rajaram's article, just summarizes a bit.

Regards,
Kalyan.

A

amarnath

BTW, filtering (learning to ignore) the 'noise' is essential for good trading.
Or so i thought
But maybe i'm wrong. What do we 'losers' know.
But grand problem is defining which is noise and with respect to what ? is a big question

Noise?
1. can we define it as movement which can hit you stops? based on your indicators ?? fixed ratio or %?? etc

if i scalp i cant call any thing as noise :D and if i position trade on weekly charts any movement cant be noise as every thing becomes correction as per loosers terminology :)

karthikmarar

And look at a WORKING SYSTEM if you have never seen one in your life:p and dont talk rubbish with useless experimentation MACD stuff all million looser have same macd and rsi :D and if you are one among them i am more than happy to hunt you down with positive edge

IMO experimentation in public = collaborative effort to LOOSE
Amarnath,

Are you willing to share your system. If not, IMHO you lose the right to rubbish what is being shared.

I repeat once again, the various post by me and other knowledgable persons are only the stepping stones for others to create their own systems. Nobody ever claimed here that what is presented is the holy grail system or holy grail Indicators. I have been trying hard in vain to drive this point home :confused:

Anyway, interesting Indicators. From what I see, individually one will lose the shirt and collectively they seems to work.

One thing is sure , I can count on you to pep up the thread.... :)

regards

Karthik

karthikmarar

Rajaram

Thanks for the excellant writeup on OI.....simple explanation with examples.
Deserves a place in my library of good articles...

Fully agree with pankaj, people like you make the forum worthwhile..

warm regards

Karthik

But grand problem is defining which is noise and with respect to what ? is a big question

Noise?
1. can we define it as movement which can hit you stops? based on your indicators ?? fixed ratio or %?? etc

if i scalp i cant call any thing as noise :D and if i position trade on weekly charts any movement cant be noise as every thing becomes correction as per loosers terminology :)
i think this thread is for people who want to learn TA and who seek to be open minded in learning and sharing the process of building system .
If you have the best system in this world then why are you wasting your time in this thread .

A

amarnath

Amarnath,

Are you willing to share your system. If not, IMHO you lose the right to rubbish what is being shared.

I repeat once again, the various post by me and other knowledgable persons are only the stepping stones for others to create their own systems. Nobody ever claimed here that what is presented is the holy grail system or holy grail Indicators. I have been trying hard in vain to drive this point home :confused:

Anyway, interesting Indicators. From what I see, individually one will lose the shirt and collectively they seems to work.

One thing is sure , I can count on you to pep up the thread.... :)

regards

Karthik
Dear Karthik,

i still think you dont get my point, do you justify yourself to find MACD or RSI did you need 1000 post of discussion and i too never claim my systems of HOLY GRAILS and i am more than happy if thread is pepped up by treating me as antagonist to this work :d

ps: do u feel and agree what you did so far is rubbish??

Last edited by a moderator:
A

amarnath

i think this thread is for people who want to learn TA and who seek to be open minded in learning and sharing the process of building system .
If you have the best system in this world then why are you wasting your time in this thread .
Think Other wise Mr.Rajaram i am trying to save only your/other 100s of contributors precious time and finding its going in wrong way and may end in scraficial experimentation and leads no were at final but at end result as of now i can see one thing clear ppls justify good and bad thing based not on what it is really but based on well coded veribage and documentation and at moment i can only wish good lucks to all again and stand aside to see how it takes further