Experiments in Technical Analysis

Ah,my friend,take it as a form of great service.......If even one person finds your thread beneficial,then you should carry on with your great work(when you get the time).

You have my vote.......and believe me, you have much more than one!

Sincerely hoping you carry on,and looking fwd to some great stuff!

Saint
I do read the thread at least once a week. You do have a spectator in me, rather silent but attentive.

Keep up the good work.

-Partha

Saint

It is reassuring to see you posting now and then as it mean you are still around to guide all of us.

Definitely willing to share...but seems that there is no interest in TA anymore in this forum. Somehow the response seems to be lacking...

warm regards

Karthik
I am putting up my hand as well,Sir.I go through this thread often and find your writings of great value.Please continue this thread.

Shashank

his is a message for Sharad

Sharad, you sent me a PM but you have not enabled your PM. So the reply to your Pm is posted here.

Please check the afl for "Trading the MACD" in this thread. The code for plotting the ribbon is provided in the afl itself.

Karthik

thnx for reply
i m new to computer donot know to enable pm sorry
i m unable to search
"Trading the MACD" in this thread.

pl help or provide link
ur macd analysis is excellent
thnx
sharad

Saint

It is reassuring to see you posting now and then as it mean you are still around to guide all of us.

Definitely willing to share...but seems that there is no interest in TA anymore in this forum. Somehow the response seems to be lacking...

warm regards

Karthik
karthik , just saw your work on MACD ...... you have done a great job . Infact as part-time work i do some writing stuff for financial magazines and investment banks and i know it takes a great deal of time , energy and devotion. If you are interested in writing please PM me i will endorse your name to the sourcing houses.
As regards response is concerned , please continue doing the great service you are doing to the forum . Infact when iam writing i always used to research and put in a great deal of effort which in many ways have helped me in being a better trader and i think more than the reader it is the writer who benefits ( pl dont misunderstand me i am writing this message from my perspective and i know perspectives differ) .
Hope this message evokes a positive reponse from you and eventually help me and many others in traderji embark on a process of endless learning..

pkjha30

HI Karthik

This thread is definitely among th top five all time great thread. My Favourite read whenever I visit this forum. You are right that study of TA seems to be waning but then this is a cyclical process. New members , as they slowly acquire maturity,gravitate towards such evergreen threads and discover a pleasant surprise for themselves.

please keep it up

pankaj :)

A

amarnath

karthik , just saw your work on MACD ...... you have done a great job . Infact as part-time work i do some writing stuff for financial magazines and investment banks and i know it takes a great deal of time , energy and devotion. If you are interested in writing please PM me i will endorse your name to the sourcing houses.
As regards response is concerned , please continue doing the great service you are doing to the forum . Infact when iam writing i always used to research and put in a great deal of effort which in many ways have helped me in being a better trader and i think more than the reader it is the writer who benefits ( pl dont misunderstand me i am writing this message from my perspective and i know perspectives differ) .
Hope this message evokes a positive reponse from you and eventually help me and many others in traderji embark on a process of endless learning..

Atleast this thread didnt lead any were and trying to tweak MACD and RSI to find holy grail system :D but still ppls dont realise wat works and wat doesnt ;)
btw dont take it as any personal offence or attack on any one but just i am pointing some better facts

A

amarnath

Kalyan

Oh.. I wanted to make the 1000th post and you did it....:mad: ........ :D

Anyway there was no particular discussion or background for this chart. I just posted it to show BAV one of the Indicators I am working on. It is still under study. Since it is catching the turns well it is prone to whipsaws as well. I am working on reduction of the whipsaws and if I succeed it will be put on this thread for the members..

warm regards

Karthik
Whipsaws are essential evils else every one here can load some SMA over charts and ride trend to make money , every good trader love to loose some on whipsaw to cheat poor consistently loosing trader who make little during such periods :D