Dissecting the Nest Plus Auto Trading API

radha55

Hi Yusi,

I am bit surprised how come you are able to place the trade on zerodha using the same code.

When i called the zerodha guys, they forwarded me this mail.

Dear Sir,

Kindly follow the below procedure.

1. Where do you run the strategy that you want to automate?

Presently we have automated strategies on algoZ(Pulse) and Amibroker (if data feed purchased through global data feeds).
But we could ideally automate strategies on any front end similar to the above if we get a request tomorrow.

2. Getting registered on exchange as an Authorized Person.

a. Automation(orders getting placed automatically) is not possible on retail client terminals, he/she would need a dealer terminal.

Dealer terminal is similar to retail client terminal in all aspects but has 2 special features, to be able to automate, and to place orders on multiple accounts from one login.

b. To get the dealer terminal, the person has to register as an Authorized person with us on the exchange, by doing so exchange recognizes that terminal as a dealer terminal.

The one time cost for registering as an AP would be Rs 3000 per segment. So if a client wants to be registered on NSE and NFO, that means Rs 6000.

This process of getting registered on the exchange can take between 2 weeks to 1 month if all documents are in place.

3. Going live on Dealer terminal

Once the person has become an AP, he can now get a dealer terminal. But to be able to create a dealer terminal exchange will ask NISM series viii certification

Once he gives us this certificate, provided it is not already mapped to any other brokerage firm we can allot a dealer terminal to him within 24 hours. The monthly running cost for a dealer terminal is Rs 250/segment/exchange. So if he want NSE(equity), NFO(F&O) and CDS(currency on NSE) that would mean Rs 750 per month.

4. Getting strategy approved

Just because you have a dealer terminal doesn't mean that you can start auto trading, the strategy that you want to automate has to be first approved by the exchange.

The approval process would take upto 1 month.

The strategy should be first audited by a CA (charges involved, Rs 5000 to Rs 10000 per strategy), we at Zerodha can help getting this audited if the client can't do it on his own.

The strategy tested in UAT (user acceptance testing) and he should also participate in mock trading conducted by the exchanges.

The demo should be given to the exchange and once they approve, you can start auto trading.

Once the dealer terminal starts running automated strategies, there will be no manual trading allowed.

5. Costs:

If he is automating through algoZ : Rs 2500 per month

If he is automating strategies from amibroker: Rs 4000 per month. If he pays 6 months upfront we charge him at Rs 3000 per month.

The above charges includes the dealer rental charges for NSE, NFO, CDS.

Regards,

yusi

I am bit surprised how come you are able to place the trade on zerodha using the same code.

When i called the zerodha guys, they forwarded me this mail.
While it is not clear whether your surprise is that the code works at all, or that it is possible, or that somebody would jump all the walls to do so, I'll assume that there is a miscommunication.

Zerodha's response relates to unattended auto-trading using a dealer terminal. This is not at all a pre-requisite for a retail trader; where orders generated via Excel or AmiBroker would show in the API Order window of the terminal (whether you are using Nest Pulse or the Autotrading COM API) and you would have to manually confirm the order.

That they have made the manual confirmation a two-step process recently (via the normal Buy/Sell window) from the one-step it was earlier is another matter.

Would suggest that you get back to Zerodha and ask them to enable the Plus Trading Plugin for you to try it out as a retail trader.

revendar

Yusi bro. Thanks for such an informative thread :thumb:. Can you please share the link where I can buy this nest plus API? I searched for this , but could not find anywhere.
I’m planning to write AFL to do chart based trading from amibroker.

cloudTrader

Yusi bro. Thanks for such an informative thread :thumb:. Can you please share the link where I can buy this nest plus API? I searched for this , but could not find anywhere.
I’m planning to write AFL to do chart based trading from amibroker.
This is the official website of Omnesys for Nest Plus. Here you'll get what you are searching for:

https://plus.omnesysindia.com/NestPlus/Home/

Enjoy !!

yusi

Can you please share the link where I can buy this nest plus API? I searched for this , but could not find anywhere.
The short answer is: contact your broker. Being your first post, cannot tailor the answer more specifically.

At the least, the Plus Trading Plugin has to be enabled (you do not buy the Nest Plus API as such). Since Omnesys has devolved direct sales, you will have to contact your broker. This may be subscription based depending on broker, terminal (NOW / Nest), retail / dealer. The net result would be unlocking of either the Plus Trading Plugin or Plus Trading Plugin Dealer in your Nest Plus Dashboard (see image posted here).

revendar

Thank you. I have contacted my broker.
Also have you came across any sample chart based trading afl, so that I can start with?
Chart trading .. I mean I will click a buy button in amibroker and it draws a line.. I will then drag the line so that I can place limit order.. similarly I will drag the cover order line based on stock price movements.

revendar

That is amazing. But that is too much for me..
I started to work on this with 3-4 buttons in same chart and just some lines plotted and attaching events to that.

revendar

Can we use buy/sell button in amibroker to send orders to nest using API?
As of now I dont have API available(it will take a couple of days).
When I click buy button and place the cursor in chart on a price, it is shoing a dialog , but broker interface is missing(will this error get resolved when nest api is available?)

yusi

Can we use buy/sell button in amibroker to send orders to nest using API?
As of now I dont have API available(it will take a couple of days).
When I click buy button and place the cursor in chart on a price, it is shoing a dialog , but broker interface is missing(will this error get resolved when nest api is available?)
What dialog, what button... do not want to get into best guess mode -- no idea.

Does your button / AFL / Ami know how to deliver the order message to the Nest API? If so, yes. Otherwise, you will need some bridge.