Discuss about ETFs and Index funds

praveen taneja

Let's discuss about ETFs and Index funds.
One of the best ways to get "market returns' is to invest in index funds and ETFs.
Isnot it that time is also a factor to b cared of while chosing something for wealth building as if a person with one year horizon invested in 2007 must had booked loss in 2008 and now throw stone on MF offices at night:lol:

praveen taneja

I agree. Even Warren Buffet say that "ETFs are the most suitable investing weapons for long term wealth building" :thumb:

Now a man like him can never be wrong can he??
Actutally in stock market mostly people tell there winning trades and not losing trades:thumb:
Person who build 50lac from 30 lac is not good but person who made 5000 from 3000 is always genious:thumb:
I can b wrong too

Let's discuss about ETFs and Index funds.
One of the best ways to get "market returns' is to invest in index funds and ETFs.

There are more ETFs. For Example Nifty BEES.

If I buy NIFTY Bees 10 Qty @450RS, and Price goes 460Rs, Can i sell Nifty Bees in intraday?

Will the Brokerage differ from equity shares?

Because Why i ask is, Nifty BEES Also is in the "EQ" Series.

Please Help

Vinothbabu.

rajeshn2007

There are more ETFs. For Example Nifty BEES.

If I buy NIFTY Bees 10 Qty @450RS, and Price goes 460Rs, Can i sell Nifty Bees in intraday?

Will the Brokerage differ from equity shares?

Because Why i ask is, Nifty BEES Also is in the "EQ" Series.

Please Help

Vinothbabu.
Hi,
1.you can sell intraday.
2.brokerage same as like stocks.

but it is advisable not to trade intraday, better to take delivery.this is more of a delivery product.:thumb:

rajeshn2007

Isnot it that time is also a factor to b cared of while chosing something for wealth building as if a person with one year horizon invested in 2007 must had booked loss in 2008 and now throw stone on MF offices at night:lol:
Person who would bought with one year horizon , would have surely lost . But he would have lost less than direct stock investment.

Last edited:

AW10

Hi,
but it is advisable not to trade intraday, better to take delivery.this is more of a delivery product.:thumb:
Rajesh, I think trading niftybees could be good training ground for novice Nifty futures traders.
- They can track nifty chart..
- Low risk.. on NF, for 10 points stop the risk is 50*10 = 500 rs.
on Minifty, the risk for 10 points stop is 20*10 = 200 rs.
and on niftybees for 10 points stop, the risk is 1 rs..

One can buy 1 unit of nifty thru this mode.

Isn't that cheapest way to learn NIFTY trading ? I would certainly suggest this to novice after they are done with their paper trading and have good system with them.

(ofcourse low liquidity may provide some challanges).

Happy Trading

rajeshn2007

One can buy 1 unit of nifty thru this mode.
(ofcourse low liquidity may provide some challanges).

Happy Trading
Yes AW10,
1 unit is an advantage. liquidity is a problem.
People more interested in futures,options and that's why ETFs are not a Hit?

Hi,
1.you can sell intraday.
2.brokerage same as like stocks.

Thank you.

I think,

If market is unstable and we are not in a position to invest in any shares,
We can easily short sell in falling market and make profit in falling or unstable market also.

am i correct? Can any one say, Why No. of Volumes in ETF are Very less as compared to Nifty Futures?