Discount Broker Comparison

simplebuthard

Working as Trading Assistant. Hire me !!
few months back i had asked about similar question . i want to trade in f&o [mostly in options]
which broker to chose . saw 1 site mentioned here which compared all the brokers but it got me more confused. i wish to invest 50k and will mostly do 10-20lots a day. i have experience with odin and now
Heard a discount broker who uses Odin ... they are achiievers equities ltd... they have a own thread here in traderji..you may try them...brokerage seems very low irrespective of lots.... i don't have account with them so i can't comment about their support, service quality, crediblity etc...

it looks good, will do detailed analysis later .....
transaction charge is 400 per cr but 99 per month is good.
Also they are giving i-dart charting software for 500 per month
I saw their website. That Infini trader software looks like NOW - I guess that's because its an Omnesys product.

What I am confused about is why they have NOW on their website ? NOW doesn't work for commodities and tradeplusonline mention that at present the only segment on offer is MCX (non-agri) commodities :confused:

bpr

Added TradePlus to the brokerage calculator.

Membership validation done they are known as Navia Markets/Navia Commodities.
They are tamilnadu based broker.

99 per month unlimited
400 per cr.

Stillnot better than AliceblueOnline lifetime plans (But I am not sure if the 9999 lifetime plan is enabled for MCX by AB)

They are saying they will launch for equity soon . lets see.
website is well built.
They are going to provide i-dart chart platform for 500 per month.
This is add-on service which is optional.
the platform most likely uses the terminal data just like nest plus but has a independent desktop platform.
The also provide other value -add service which did not intrest me much.

But the point is MCX trading is costly after CTT and the volume has decreased by 60 to 80 percent across entire MCX and to top it all the funds cannot be shared with NSE accounts.
Unless something changes it does not make sense for to go for MCX trading right now.

Last edited:

cloudTrader

Offtopic:
Just observing the CTT impact on the Volume of Crudeoil trades.
CTT introduced last year June -July and see the steady decline in volumes.
CTT almost wiped out 80% of the market.
Very Sad.:annoyed::mad: CTT must go.
You are right that CTT has done lot of bad for the Commodities segment but also to add salt to the wound was the NSEL fiasco which had Jignesh Shah involved in it. MCX lost its reputation badly.

bpr

You are right that CTT has done lot of bad for the Commodities segment but also to add salt to the wound was the NSEL fiasco which had Jignesh Shah involved in it. MCX lost its reputation badly.
NSEL issue was a minor catalyst the main reason was CTT. The commodity market is different from Equity market and CTT was slapped prematurely and market colapsed. this is what happens when decision done without too much thinking.
Our commodity market was one of the fastest growing market allover world before CTT and soon it would have surpassed all other market but alas we shoot ourselves in the foot.:eek:

FMC started lobbying for CTT removal or reduction, hope namo government will do something.

The only positive is the agri commodities will get some boost( which have not happened much ) especially when section of people want ban on most of agri comodities futures so we are back to square on.