Discount Broker Comparison

Stamp Duty is based on the resident address provided by the client. Some brokers are charging only Maharastra rate for all clients...which is not correct. Hence the calculator must be redone removing stamp duty like STT because it should be same across brokers. Basically if you are from West Bengal, then the stamp duty applicable to you is 0.01% on turnover and irrespective of which broker you chose to trade with, the stamp duty remains the same. It just that some brokers are not following this law.

Last edited:
Is anybody using Action Financial Services (India) Ltd (AFS). They have plans at 1 paisa per executed order. I don't see their name in the comparison of low brokerage.

bpr

Stamp Duty is based on the resident address provided by the client. Some brokers are charging only Maharastra rate for all clients...which is not correct. Hence the calculator must be redone removing stamp duty like STT because it should be same across brokers. Basically if you are from West Bengal, then the stamp duty applicable to you is 0.01% on turnover and irrespective of which broker you chose to trade with, the stamp duty remains the same. It just that some brokers are not following this law.
I don't understand calculation must be done on what the broker is currently charging and not on what it should be.
Btw the stamp duty field is editable by the user so you can modify the values you want.

First we will consider the NSE FO or NFO for short. We will consider MCX separately.
BSE FO or BFO has not matured yet. Also the same case is MCX-SX FO. Some brokers provide trading on all or some of them. NFO is main thing that we will consider here.
I am not interested in NSE Cash /NSE Cash Intraday so will not include in the comparison.

Please validate all this data. Let me know if there is any wrong data. Also help me fill up the remaining fields.
Also suggest if we should include any other broker for comparison.
Good comparison. Helpful for new traders

Hi Bpr, saw the calculator. Its really good. But i must still say that leave stamp duty out or make an assumption that client is from Maharashtra. Then the calculator will be most accurate. Like i said stamp duty depends on client address and nothing to do with broker registered office address or branch office address. Its just that some brokers are following the law and some are not. But eventually all will. I read in previous posts that Zerodha has started charging for other states too and RKSV is also started charging for UP. Slowly more states will be added. Hence better to make an assumption in calculator for Stamp Duty.