Direct Investment in Mutual Funds

Hi Everyone,

I recently started investing in Mutual Funds directly with the AMCs (earlier I was investing via a broker) after realizing the low in expense ratio in direct plans.

Expanding my portfolio, can anyone suggest me Funds which give me Monthly Income ?
I literally want some amount to be credited in my bank account every month (obviously it will be in propotion to the amount I invest).

Any suggestions ?

Hi Anish,

Investments in mutual funds is not difficult at all. Either you can approach the AMC directly or go though a broker . As you say you are a newbie in this field, my suggestion would be you take assistance of broker. Also would recommend the online route . There are many online portals who not only provide investors with ease of investing but also assist with hand holding the investor and provide them with portfolio taking into consideration their risk profiling, goals , duration of staying invested and money they are willing to invest.

One of them being www.fundsupermart.co.in

You can invest using the Systematic route of investment where every month you predetermine the amount you are willing to invest and the same is deducted from your bank account. Else if you are comfortable with lumpsum investment you can proceed with that too.
One of the distinct advantages of going through an online portal being, you can view all your holdings at under one login.
Hope this has helped.
Uma

Accidentally saw this thread, thanks for good info..

I need your good suggestion...what to do next..I was invest 5 mutual funds on April'2012.,

1. BIRLA SUN LIFE DIVIDEND YIELD PLUS - DIVIDEND
2. HDFC LONG TERM ADVANTAGE FUND - DIVIDEND (closed ended)
3. ICICI PRUDENTIAL DYNAMIC PLAN - DIVIDEND
4. ICICI PRUDENTIAL FOCUSED BLUECHIP EQUITY FUND - RETAIL - DIVIDEND
5. RELIANCE VISION - DIVIDEND

6. BSL Frontline Equity Fund Growth-Direct

1-5 was invest through Bajaj Capital
6- This fund purchased online via BSL portal through existing folio no.1

I understand my mistakes..
a. I was invest through brokers..
b. I was selected Dividend-Reinvestment

I am ready to do all fund redemption..and go with direct invest in growth option.,

What to do next..Pls guide me.,

You can use Invezta or MFU. Or you can invest directly through individual MF websites.
If you want to go with Invezta you can use my referral - 5C9148 to get additional limit upto 1.25 lacs

There are few brokers which provide you access to buy/redeem MF or sip via nse/bse. If you have trading account, just invest via your available funds and use this mf as margin money for trading.